Thursday, January 28, 2016

Random Musings

First off, thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday. You made this old queen feel like an old queen and it was lovely.

As for my age [Anne Marie] I think the little graphic up top should clear things up, though the arrow should be a little closer to death and a little further from forty.

Oy.
Now, on Tuesday Carlos came home from work early, and when I arrived home there was “something” on the kitchen counter. In the distance — well, at least as far as the home office down the hall — I heard Carlos say,

“I did something bad.”

I said, “I know. I see it. What is it?”

Well, it was a birthday cake, only when Carlos came home and began making said cake, he failed to check and see if we had any eggs before he began; we did not. So he tried to make a no egg cake and, well, as my friend Amanda said when she saw it:

“Is it a meatloaf or a cake?”

Well, is it … ?


PS Carlos is a MasterBaker™ and usually makes fabulous cakes … with eggs though.
Speaking of cooking … nice segue, Bob … there’s a new cooking show on Bravo called Recipe for Deception. The premise is that there are two rounds, in which two chefs try to create a dish using a secret ingredient that they don’t know except for a random clue from their competition … hence the deception … in the guise of Three Questions about said ingredient.

It isn’t until the last few minutes of cooking that they learn what their secret ingredient is and then, if they haven’t already figured it out, they need to incorporate it and make it a feature before a panel of judges.

Yes, it’s quite convoluted, and really not all that interesting except that the first episode featured Jordan Andino who turned my oven to high.

Just sayin’.
A co-worker came in carrying his keys and he had a breath-spray thingy attached to his key chain. Now, I’ve seen folks with store discount cards onm their keychains; baubles on their key chains; wee flashlights on their key chains. But breath spray?

I asked why and he said,

“Well, I only like to carry my phone and my keys in my pocket … “

And he went on and on and on about pockets and keys and phones and checking to see if he had these things and several minutes later … no lie, it was several minutes later … when he finished speaking he looked at me quizzically and I said:

“I’m sorry; I stopped listening after the word ‘keys’.”
I think Variety hit the nail on the head with this issue … and I'm hoping it's addressed often, and seriously, during the show.
We had a light snowfall in Smallville last weekend which disappeared in a couple of hours when things warmed up into the mid-30s. This coming weekend, and into next week, it’s going to be in the 70s.

What’s all this talk about climate change??

Still, on the chilly days Tuxedo likes to use MaxGoldberg as a pillow.

Some new hotties on TV last week … starting with [clockwise from the top] Tom Ellis, a British actor, who stars in Fox's new Lucifer ... yes, he's the Devil. Ellis is adorable, and hot, and quite devilish, but this is, without a doubt, the worst show I’ve seen in a long time. He deserves so much better because, well, as I said, adorable, hot, devilish, British.

There’s also a new show called The Magicians, which features Hale Appleman — love that name — who is just fine, and I mean foine and Jason Ralph, so adorkable, as fledgling magiciansThe show also features levitation sex.


Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

8 comments:

  1. no way, dude; even so, I am STILL older than you! :-b

    I am glad you had a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so hoping the new Bravo cooking show
    would be a keeper. Nada. My brother and
    I made a beautiful souffle once with 2 cups
    of salt instead of sugar.
    Tuxedo rules. (Don't tell Abby I said that...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vera, please, you're much closer to 40 than you are to death and may all the years you have to look forward to be filled with joy and cakes made with eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you manage to eat that cake and still keep a calm face?!? Tom Ellis....a double deadly when you can do comedy and drama. I have loved him for some time. My favorite part he did was on the BBC show Miranda. I don't usually watch the Oscars, but they could be interesting this year. I may just wait though for your recap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MM
    Carlos ate that cake. He's baking another one, with eggs, this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great B-Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. As for the Donald, I can't even tolerate his voice and his rants. What an embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:08 PM

    That's not a cake it's a cookie! It's the thought that counts. I hope Carlos gave you a big kiss. Here's one from London. {} Happy Birthday for yesterday.
    JP

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......