Friday, January 08, 2016

I Didn't Say It ...

Adele, in her cover story for TIME, on her hopes and dreams for her son:

“The other day I was saying, ‘Oh God, I’m finding this really hard again with a kid.’ I have no time for myself because in between doing this, all my spare time is with him. But then I realized, he’s been keeping me totally cool and calm about the whole thing. ... He makes me so proud of myself, and he makes me like myself so much. … I’m so proud of myself that I made him in my belly. Cooked him in my belly and then he came out of me! This human who’s suddenly walking around and doing his own thing. I can’t wait to know who his best friends are going to be, who his girlfriend or his boyfriend is going to be or what movies he likes… Whatever my kid wants to do or be I will always support him no matter what."

If I didn’t love Adele before, I love her now. Any child, gay or straight, needs a parent who will love them unconditionally, and love the person they love, too.
Mandy Patinkin, on ending Islamophobia and costly wars:

“It is essential that we stop this paradigm of violence ... by that I mean, it hasn’t worked. It hasn’t worked, this violence ‘an eye for an eye.’ We have to come up with a new paradigm … and what is that new paradigm if war isn’t working? Where you spend $4 trillion on this war. What is being spent on the marginalized people in humanity? All of these wonderful Muslim men and women that have no education, no opportunity, no good schooling and so what do they do? They look for someone else who’s saying ‘will give you a better life.’ Why aren’t we taking that money that’s used for bombs, and making schools and hospitals and homes and opportunity?”

Imagine a world where the United States doesn’t spend billions on war, but instead spends it on erasing hunger and poverty and funding education and helping out those in need.
Wouldn’t that be a great place to live?
Kim DavisKentucky Kounty Klerk and same-sex marriage opponent, on why God ‘chose’ her:

"How ironic that God would use a person like me, who failed so miserably at marriage in the world, to defend it now. The Lord picks the unlikely source to convey the message."

Perhaps she wasn’t really listening, because maybe God told her that since she had f**ked up her own marriages, time and again, she should not be judging anyone else’s right to marry.
Look, the bitch is a hypocrite who tells herself she can do whatever she wants because God … meanwhile God is watching, shaking her head and weeping at people like Kim Davis.
Ben Carson, connecting Bill Clinton‘s sex scandal to the corruption of America’s youth:

“My main problem with it, is I saw innocent little kids… becoming coarser and wanting to know what certain things are that they’re hearing about on television––things that they would’ve never known about as kids before.”

Goddess help me, but this has got to be the dumbest human alive.
Kids weren’t watching the news and hearing about sex from Bill Clinton; they were hearing it about it, and probably experimenting with it, in the schoolyards, asshat.
Josh Earnest, White House press secretary, on this year's birther battle:

“It would be quite ironic if after 7 or 8 years of drama around the president’s birth certificate if Republican primary voters were to choose Senator Cruz as their nominee. Somebody who actually wasn’t born in the United States and only 15 months ago renounced his Canadian citizenship.”

Oh.
Snap.
PS He's just so darn cute ... Josh Earnest, I mean, not Ted Cruz.

9 comments:

  1. The good, the daft and the pug-ugly (without saying what goes where). I refer to opinions expressed rather than physical appearances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My newest heroes, Adele, Mandy Patinkin, and Josh Earnest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone on tv said that voters under 38 didn't even
    know about Bill Clinton and his problems. I have to
    disagree. The tribal members of boys decided, as middle
    schoolers, to go trick or treating dressed in suits, top
    coats, hats and cigars. You can bet I took away the cigars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @raybeard:

    pug-ugly = kentucky (piece of) krap kim

    good = mandy and josh and adele

    daft = carson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jorge Monroe10:27 PM

    I applaud Mr. Patinkin's concern for the educational opportunities of Muslim women. Muslim girls in Afghanistan now have much better prospects because our military ousted the Taliban. While his comments sound good on paper he fails to realize that there is true evil in this world and sometimes it has to be met with force.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A.M. I'm shocked to the core at your forthright suggestions! - and for getting it all so right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You, Raybeard, and anne marie ... my sentiments exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Education is key - the right education. So many of IS fighters are poor uneducated boys with no hope of improving their prospects, until radicalised by people who come out with medieval evil philosophies to suck them in. One IS fighter just murdered his mother for suggested he leave the evil bastards. That tells you all you want to know. Educate the world's poor and there will be less evil to go round

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mandy, I adore you! Now if only he had enough power and influence to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......