Monday, September 19, 2011

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week

Once again, it's time to present the coveted....coveted?....ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week award, so, without further ado......
Let's rip....

From I Ain't One To Gossip, But....., we spotted a couple of contenders:

About Kate Gosselin, froggy said...
15 years down the road I hope the Gosselin kids next reality show isn't Lockup on MSNBC

And regarding Madonna,  mistress maddie said...
No, Bob, the reason Madge's volunteers turned, is that they heard they could turn into stone. I hear Medusa is just getting to be a bitch in her old age.





The idea of Mitt Romney choosing Dick "Darth" Cheney as his VP running mate, in Oh Mitt, Call It Over Already, had....

Stan in NH saying...
Well, if Cheney is ever a heartbeat away from the presidency, it won't be his. He has no heart, or heartbeat, remember? His actual heart is somewhere, packed in several layers of lead and concrete, in the government's top secret waste dump somewhere in a hometown near yours. It's not so much beating as it is pulsating deadly levels of radiation.
Just saying....

And we have a couple of nominees from I Didn't Say It........

Cubby had this to say about Paul Rudd:
I think I need to go to Sound Man school.


todd carr said this about homophobe Sally Kern:
Your completely right about her intellectual terrorism
I'm livin out and proud, take that witch down






Combining Math and God in public schools, in God + Math Class = No Banners had these folks talking:
froggy said...
In my day the banner in the math classroom should have read:
Abandon hope all ye who enter here

diatribesandovations.com said...
Another great post! The Thomas More Law Center is notorious for cases like this. They knew they were going to lose when they took that man’s money. The schools is not discriminating against Christians … they are obeying the law … which is something that this teacher is not doing.

And on Random Musings

Stephen said...
Crocs need to be illegal.
You rant really well. I find it sexy








And then there was CHRISTINAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

 Robert-Kent said...
"Canoeing" sounds so Canadian like eh :-)










Responding to Pray THIS Away, Padre

Rainbow said..
Wooooo!! Give the sista a soap box and she will have some church!!
Amen, Brother Bob! It is so great that you wrote this piece today, because last night I was watching the videos on a youtube channel called "Agaycallab" and the question of the week was "what was the turning point where you began to love being gay?" And I was thinking about this very thing last night. I was raised in a VERY religious family and during the first few years of coming out, I struggled a lot with what I had been taught religiously and what I was feeling in my heart. I remember the Sunday that I first walked into an MCC and I felt the love of God along with the love of the gay people standing around me. It was my life changing moment. You don't have to pray the gay away, you don't have to repress or feel guilt. You just have to realize that God accepts us for who and what we are as long as we accept ourselves.

tamayn said...
If everything goes well, The Hague may have something to say about the whole "protecting institutional pedophilia" soon.
Would it be wrong to pray for that?



Design Star ended this week with Design Star: Finally! Er, The Finale...and....

Mitch Block said... 
I never ever watch these shows. But I truly enjoy your critiques, which make me very happy to never ever watch these shows! And I am in complete agreement with you about Meg's living/dining space. YOU should be on the show. I would definitely watch





One of the most commented on posts was A Change Is Gonna Come. I love all this blogging stuff, the snark, the comedy,m the politics, and the LGBT issues, but I also love learning, and I learned a lot from Susan....and apparently, so did most everyone who read her letter:

designing wally said...
I am just awash in the LOVE right now.,..
Take a picture, 'cause Wally is speechless. You're more likely to see a dodo fly by than to see me speechless twice.
Kisses for Susan, you & everyone!

Rainbow said...
Kudos Bob for another great post! I have used the phrase as well and after reading the email from Susan, I vow to never use the it again either. Thanks Susan for such an intelligent and well written request. I am now publicly announcing that I am from here forward going to use the word "douchenozzle" if there are any nozzles that are offended please let me know soon

Joy said...
It's heartwarming to see such a congenial, intelligent, compassionate exchange! If only more people were like this, the world would be so much better! This isn't one of the words I use, but Susan has made me aware of checking what I do say. As a teacher I was always careful anyway about what I said. Well done to you both!!

So, naturally, for me at any rate, the ISBLOGCOTW award has to go to the person who spurred the conversation with her letter. Thanks to........
Susan who said...
Thank you, Bob's readers, for your warm, accepting response to my letter. And for those of you have taken the pledge to remove the word "fucktard" from your vocabulary, many thanks.
I found Bob's blog through a Design Star board. Last year on his DS vlog on HGTV, David Bromstad criticized a designer's work by saying it was "so retarded." I voiced my objection to this phrase in multiple emails to HGTV and a letter to the head of HGTV's parent company, Scripps Networks. I wanted them to edit out the phrase or take down that episode of Bromstad's vlog. I received no response from Bromstad, HGTV or Scripps. In fact, Bromstad's vlog with this hateful phrase is still up on HGTV. Unfortunately, Bromstad's, HGTV's, and Scripps' failure to respond to my request is all too common.
So Bob, you deserve a lot of credit for your enlightened and prompt response to my letter. I just wanted you to not use "that word" again. Taking it down completely from your blog is amazing. Thank you



Congratulations Susan!
As my Dad might say, that just shows to go ya, that you can teach an old queer a new trick!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm - HGTV has a lot to answer for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Susan still ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:03 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very worthy winner Bob.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......