Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Don't Feel Fine

"A wise man once said--'the skill in attending a party is knowing when it's time to leave.' We built something extraordinary together. We did this thing. And now we're going to walk away from it. I hope our fans realize this wasn't an easy decision; but all things must end, and we wanted to do it right, to do it our way. We have to thank all the people who helped us be R.E.M. for these 31 years; our deepest gratitude to those who allowed us to do this. It's been amazing."
Michael Stipe, announcing that R.E.M. is no longer.
One of my favorites. 
My favorite songs, my favorite concerts, my favorite memories.
Thanks for the music!





5 comments:

  1. Bob,
    back in '81 Michael used to chase me around, honestly, I was pretty....
    never slept with him....


    I slept with all the wrong people.

    (Hey Mikey!)
    He is so vain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 31 years... God, I didn't know I was THAT old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael did leave us something more to remember when he posted those pictures of his Dick. Thanks, Michael for the wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! Really! Losing My Religion is in my top 10 songs ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you read the tweet..."who does REM listen to when they break up" found that funny since they were my go to band for depression and getting high back in college..

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......