Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Architecture Wednesday

I find that I just love a house in the middle of nowhere, but that I also want a house right in the middle of things.
I'd like a modern loft, please, with a beautiful yard for the animals.
Is that too much to ask?
Apparently it isn't for the Formwerkz Architects.
They designed this home in the center of Singapore, in a very busy district, and then worked out a plan to incorporate the owner’s desire to see a garden near his home. Not an easy task for a slipper of a lot on which to build.
So the architects designed the house with  several levels, each with it's own garden space. And they also added a vertical plant wall to bring the green front and center. There are outdoor entertaining areas at every level, and yet the interiors have a modern, open plan with a central staircase zigzagging its way to the top. 
So, in Singapore, at any rate, you can have the best of both worlds.








source

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:44 PM

    Lofts are awesome. The open space above the living room and other places in the home makes them seem bigger than they are. I'm redesigning the one I have in The Sims 2 so it's a little bit bigger and can accommodate a game room in the first floor behind the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass wall in the bathroom? Not for me! Otherwise, I love this place!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......