Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trailers: They're Not Just For White Trash Any More*

Ah, trailers! Makes me think of moonshine and old cars on cinder blocks. A dozen children in dirty diapers playing on a rusty tractor.
But this ain't your Granpappy's trailer.
This trailer, while from the 1960s, has been redecorated in 2011 in the style of the 1960s. Seriously, I half expect Goldie Hawn to paint graffiti on her body and dance in a bikini on the table.
This home is made of metal and plastic, and loaded with flashy colors crammed into just 200 or so square feet.
It ain't big, y'all, but it's got style!
I was gonna post it on Architecture Wednesday, until I realized this is less architecture than car-chitecture.





* And don't get your panties in a bunch; it was a joke. A joke I can deliver because when I was born my family lived in a trailer. So there!


source

5 comments:

  1. My gay hairdresser Godfather (God rest his soul) lived in a trailer - but even his didn't look this good.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to cha-cha for words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not mad at that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Who ever designed this trailer needs to give lessons to the "design" stars on HGTV! I love the use of white with pops of color!

    LOL car-chitecture! LOL LOL LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the style of it. It's nice and all to have a big house, but you can't take it with you.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......