Monday, October 31, 2011

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week


It's time once again to bestow the coveted....coveted....ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week Award, AKA  the ISBLOGCOTW. As usual, there were plenty of contenders, but one did stand tall above the others is sheer high-lariousness, so, let's rip.

I love gay friendly businesses, and try to frequent them whenever I can while avoiding those gay-unfriendly establishments. That's why I loved that Home Depot Won't Go Neutral:

Cubby said...
Stay neutral? What does that mean? You're either for civil rights or against them. There is no neutral. 


The story of Janice Langbehn and Lisa Marie Pond is a heartbreaking one, but it could very well be the story of the entire LGBT community with federal marriage equality. But Janice's story is also one of inspiration, and had a bittersweet moment recently in, Janice Langbehn Honored With Presidential Citizens Medal 

Designing Wally said...
A sadness becomes a noble sadness. These are the events and people that we all must be thankful for.
It was very good of the president to take note of our plight, not caring if it could damage him politically, but moving on behalf of what is right... 


I was a bit worried about the chance that marriage equality might be repealed in New Hampshire, in Is New Hampshire Going Back To The Dark Ages?, but a reader from New Hampshire remains optimistic:

Kyle Leach said...
Don't despair yet. The fat lady has not sung. Lots for us to do before and after January when this will come to vote in the NH legislature. 

I love a good barn, and, apparently, some of you also get a little verklempt about them, as I discovered in Architecture Wednesday: Luxury Barn:

Twunty McSlore said...
Total heaven. High ceilings give me designgasms. 

When I first read about that gay teenager in Ohio, in Oh No It's Not A Problem At All,  who was attacked by a bully, while the bully's cousin videotaped the whole mess, I was disgusted, as were some of you, though you had suggestions for teachers and parents and media:
Froggy said...
The parents need to button hole the school board. Being elected officials they have a lot to lose. Town next door decided to ban *all* clubs to keep a LBGT club from forming. Took two weeks, until the next meeting, to turn it around. The paper stepped in with an editorial, letters written to the paper and the board, parents complaining and the policy was reversed. We did the same thing with a book banning issue. SPEAK UP PARENTS AND MEDIA. 

One of my favorite posts is I Didn't Say It, because I get to respond to the asshats, or applaud those open-minded free thinkers, and because you get to do the same:
R.J. said...
I'm glad Chaz went as far as he did but how far did he take his message? It makes me sick when commenters on other web sites like HuffPo still refer to him as "she" and it's not as if they're getting their pronouns mixed up by accident.


S'A said...
R.J.-- saying "he" would be an acknowledgement (in their wee little minds) that they aren't willing to make. 

That videotaped beating of an Ohio gay high school student, has had me all pissed off for a few days now, wondering when, or even if, anyone will step up. In Update On That Videotaped Beating Of A Gay Student, on commenter came up with a reason why our politicians won't do anything:
R.J. said...
The only way you'll get Ohio's legislator's attention is to grab John Boehner in the hallway and give him a vicious beatdown. But even then they won't understand why bullying is bad. 

I love a giggle to start the weekend, and this week's Ready For The Weekend, was an high-larious display of bad package advertising, unless, you happened to think like:
Tom Rimington said...
Maybe this batch was to be shipped to West Virginia??? 

I do loves me some gossip, and I loves me some people who like to gossip on gossip, which is why this comment, on I Ain't One To Gossip, But..... made me giggle:
Miss Ginger Grant said...
I always look forward to when you "don't gossip!" So let's dish!
Really, Playboy- you're going to spend $1mil to show Lindsay's vag to the 6 of your "readers" who haven't already seen it?
Clearly, Tara, your marriage wouldn't be legal in the US- because you married a big ole 'mo, and Gay marriage is not yet legal in most of the states!
And finally- (read this really loud in your head): "I HAD A DREAM, AND ALL I NEED, IS 88 BUCKS, PAPA! THAT'S ALL I NEED, 88 BUCKS, PAPA!".... Oh, and a frontal lobotomy! Someone put this bitch out of our misery!!
Looking forward to next week's "Hollywood Dirt!" 


The kids are always good for a post, and my idea of exploiting them for profit, a la Dina Lohan and Kate Gosselin, was the inspiration for Caturday: Head Shots. Lots of you had things to say, but one of you made me spit Sweet Tea all over my computer screen, and that person is this week's winner of the ISBLOGCOTW Award:
David Dust said...
I'm thinking this would be more a "Lifetime Original Movie" entitled "Not Without My Pets!" starring Jane Seymour as you, and Catherine Zeta Jones as Carlos.

You're welcome.
XOXOXOXOXOXO 

4 comments:

  1. good group of comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to thank Tuxedo, Consuelo, Tallulah, Max and Ozzo - as well as Jane Seymour and Catherine Zeta Jones - for their stunning work in "Not Without My Pets!".

    I'd also like to thank the Academy and the Sweet Baby Jeebus, without whom none of this would be possible.

    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved them all! And had to say loves the Halloween header! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:02 AM

    Nice going, everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......