Thursday, October 20, 2011

Go Purple Today

Today is Spirit Day, when millions of Americans wear don a purple shirt, or rock a pair of purple pants, or even slip into some purple under-things, as a sign of support for LGBTQ youth, and to speak out against bullying, which has taken lives and affects the lives of so many. 
Spirit Day began in 2010 when teenager Brittany McMillan, in response to the numbers of young people who had taken their own lives, decided to put her voice to good use.
Observed annually on October 20, individuals, schools, organizations, corporations, media professionals and celebrities wear purple, which symbolizes spirit on the rainbow flag. Getting involved is easy--just "go purple" today.
Create a world in which LGBTQ teens are celebrated and accepted for who they are.


for more info, go to GLAAD

3 comments:

  1. I'm wearing my purple Bears Against Bullies t-shirt today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing my purple today! Thank goodness it's cold here today because the only purple I had in my closet was a sweat-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for remembering Bob!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......