Monday, October 10, 2011

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week

In the interests of fairness, the winner of the coveted....coveted?....ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week award was determined in the first moments after i read the comment. i was certain nothing else would be as funny, or as true, as that comment when i read it.
Still, here are some of the favorites of the week:
We lost another child to bullying this week when Mitchell Wilson took his own life rather than endure the torment. We all have our thoughts, but I think this best sums up how we feel about Another One: Mitchell Wilson:
Sam said...

These senseless deaths are to much. I can deal with several things but a child ending his life is unfathomable.  

*sigh* 


Then we had the story of the "pastor" who ordered some men from his church to physically assault a gay couple who'd come to attend services. Bad enough, I know, but it turns out that the "pastor" was the father of one of the gay boys in The Pastor Ordered The Assault:


designing wally said...

Amazing.

Can't these people see themselves? 


The book lovers came out in force when I posted about the number of LGBT-themed books being threatened by the so-called Christians, in Books! When Are We Gonna Ban Books!?!:


S'A said...

Our local Lutheran Grade school banned Harry Potter, because witches and wizards are bad,too! I've often surprised they didn't ban Alice in Wonderland-- Alice is eating and drinking things that changes her reality, and just what is that caterpiller smoking? 


With the news that the Pentagon will allow military chaplains to perform same-sex weddings, in The Pentagon Is A-OK With Marriage Equality, most all of you were pleased, but some of you had questions:


twunty mcslore said...

Geez Louise, what is Obama waiting for, an engraved invitation to whack him in the side of the head? 


Responding to The Midday Chuckle, Betty White and balls, came this:


diatribesandovations.com said...

Betty White has always been, and still remains, a comic genius. She knows that some stuff is just funnier when an old broad says it! 


That maven of all that is stylish, or gin-induced, had some thoughts on Architecture Wednesday: The Sliding House:


mistress maddie said...

Another marvel Bob. 

But this place would confuse the hell out of me in a gin induced state. 


And with the news that the Presbyterian church will be ordaining it's first gay minister, as told in Another First....Another LGBT First!, many of you had thoughts to share:


froggy said...

Until they start following *all* the Bible... they haven't a leg to stand on. 


In another episode of The Midday Chuckle, with the cat-nap map, comes this, from a fellow cat lady like yours truly:


David Dust said...

Oscar decided to barf in the "Grooming Salon" area of my roommates bed yesterday. She was NOT happy.

XOXOXOXOXO 

I have lots of thoughts running rampant through my head, and expose them in Random Musings, causing some of you to respond:


Cubby said...

I'm very upset about MGB not running for President. With her on the ballot Obama would have won by a landslide. 

One of my personal favorite posts is I Didn't Say It....., because, well, I get to say something, and so do you:

Rainbow said...

That's a lot of not saying!! :) 

I loves me some Project runway, and am loving this season, but sometimes, as in PR9EP11: Flipping The Bird, it isn't about the designs, but what comes out of the designers' mouths:

Tiger Chanter said...

"Josh tries to add some crafty-ass Martha Stewart leafy cut-out circle skirt to his first look, which Tim Gunn looks at and asks, "Qu'est-ce que cést?" Josh asks what "Guess kesay" means, and I fall out of my chair, as Tim politely translates, "What is it?""

I thought the same thing! Bitch, please! You've been hanging around makeup counters for years and you haven't picked up THAT piece of French? As Bugs Bunny would say; "What a Maroon"! ;)

A lot of folks were angry about the outcome of a murder trial, but they may still be hope in a new trial, as we learned in Brandon McInerney Faces A New Trial Without The Hate Crimes Charge:

truthspew said...

Looking at the elements necessary for 1st degree murder, I'd say McInerney meets ALL of them. 

He planned it, let others know what he was going to do, then did it. How you can not get 1st degree murder out of that is beyond me.  

And apparently, i am not the only one who likes to spread some stories around, a la, I Ain't One To Gossip, But....:

Tivo Mom said...

Sara Leal (aka hobag who slept with another mans husband) "allegedly" put a lawyer on retainer the day after she "allegedly" slept with Ashton. Just in case.

I too want to hang out with Maurice Sendak...hate Gwyneth, detest Roald Dahl (James and the Giant Peach scared the shit out of me and don't get me started on the whole chocolate factory)and as much as I read I still cannot wrap my head around a book on a screen. Call me when ya'll do lunch. 

It doesn't take much to get y'all to ooh and aah, like a picture of two of our furry children, Max and Tuxedo, in Caturday: Snuggle Buddies:

Raybeard said...

Magnificent! - heart-warming, funny, and beautiful. A picture for posterity.



And lastly, something The Sunday Funnies aren't really all that funny:

designing wally said...

Thanks for these, I would be at Wall Street myself, If I didn't have to move in what basically amounts to as a foreclosure.... 



But, the winner of the coveted....coveted?....ISBL OGCOTW award hit early on, with a comment in Books! When Are We Gonna Ban Books!?! that I think sums it all up rather nicely:


Princess said...

The FoF? I think they should just F Off... 








Oh Princess, that truly sums it all up!
Congratulations on being this weeks OGCOTW Award winner!

3 comments:

  1. Princess always rocks!!!
    YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bob... I'm touched.
    I shall cherish this award.

    Oh Hai Wally...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Princess go! Congrats! Good week all around Bob. I'm glad you do this piece each week and appreciate all the time it must take to pull it together. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......