Monday, October 24, 2011

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week

Here we are again, ready to bestow the coveted....coveted?....Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week Award. And what a fine week of comments it was, from funny to serious to thought provoking.
All in all, a good week, so, let's roll.....

One of my favorite posts of the week, was the announcement of a marriage, of two men who've been together for over half a century, and are finally able to be married, in Frederick Marvin And Ernst Schuh Are Married
Mitch Block said...
That is definitely a "wow"! What a heart-warming story. Hard enough maintaining a relationship even when the "world" doesn't seem to be against you. Imagine all they've experienced ... and survived! Thank you so much for introducing us.


As someone, who like most of you, was bullied in school, I continue to be shocked by the numbers of LGBTQ youth suicides in this country, and around the world, as with Another One: Jamie Hubley
David said...
While the message of the "It Gets Better" project is there, and The Trevor Project as well, some how it's not connecting. Too many parents are afraid to get to involved in their children's lives for fear alienating them. But a duty of a parent, first, is to get in these kids faces and find out what is going on. Its not to be their friend, and any parent that does that, is laying the groundwork for trouble down the road.
I'm filled with rage and disgust that these kids are taking their lives when they have so much to live for.
But we have to try and reach out to these students, these kids. They need mentors to show them that life will get better.
I'm guessing, in Jamie's view, the "It Gets Better" project was too far out of reach for him.
But we must, we must, find away to save them. Harvey Milk said it best: "We got to give them hope."



I am continually amazed by the people, straight people, i mean, who come out in support of the LGBT community, and then i am stunned when it's a group of young straight men, young straight men who wrestle, as in Wrestlers Come Out As Allies:
Bucko (a.k.a., Ken) said...
I love the idea of expanding the idea of being an Ally. 
I am an Ally and I am PROUD. 
Just Say'n.


Architecture Wednesday is a pretty popular feature here at ISBL, and sparks many love/hate responses, like the one from this week:
Cubby said...
Sorry Bob, I gotta give this one a thumbs-down. 
I'm just not into prison chic. 
The concrete walls are a bummer. 


Quite a few of you were as disgusted as I was after reading an 'Anonymous' reply to a post about Jamie Hubley's suicide, in Letters! We Get Letters!:
Miss Lisa said...
Anonymous is part of the problem. Imagine sharing feelings of sadness and hopelessness to someone like this and hoping for compassion.


As usual, I had some things to say about some things people say and you all had some things to say as well, in I Didn't Say It....:
R.J.  said...

I thought masturbation was supposed to make you go blind?


On the second to last, and less-than-thrilling, Project Runway, nothing exciting happened, and their was no shock, though Lifetime played that up a lot, and some of you were unhappy with PR9EP13: I See Dead People...And They Inspire Me:
Tivo Mom said...
I have to watch the finale, just because, but I am so over this season. Ready for the all-stars...oh and Josh can suck it.


Dan Savage went after Herman Cain for his 'Gay is a choice" remarks as only Dan can, in Just A Thought: Gay Is A Choice:
diatribesandovations.com said...
Leave it to Dan to put it in words that the asshat can understand.


I was ready for fall, since the temperatures are dropping in Smallville, and I thought a little music might do. So, I brought out one of my favorite singers in Autumn Leaves, and was pleased that everyone who responded fell in love with Eva, too:
Raybeard said...
Ms Cassidy has been better known here in Brit-land since her untimely 'departure' than when she was still with us. A particular favourite over here is her 'Over the Rainbow'. It's the first time I've heard this rendering of 'Autumn Leaves'. 
She had a straight-as-a-needle singing voice which I find so much more appealing than those myriads of singers, both M & F, who use tremolandos which sound like they're gargling, and which we are supposed to imagine is "oh, so sophisticated!" but are really just lazy. No, give me Eva's voice anytime.

Responding to my weekly gossip round-up, Jim found something to be slightly amiss, in I Ain't One To Gossip, But....: 
Jim said... 
What? No Lindsay Lohan going back to the slammer stories? C'mon man! LOL 


And the ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week Award--the ISBLOGCOTW--goes to Froggy, in response to some of my Random Musings, and the idea that being gay is a choice, like at a Chinese restaurant:
froggy said... 
If you order your choice before 4pm on Thursdays you get the 2 for 1 Sexuality Special!

5 comments:

  1. :-) honored, like to thank the little people, God and sugar free granola (it is 6.16am out here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Great comments, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Froggy...love love love your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great week for comments. Congrats Froggy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the mention :o)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......