Friday, October 07, 2011

I Didn't Say It........

Chris Evans, on his friend being his "butt double" in movies:
"My butt double is my roommate in Boston! He's a kid I grew up with. Anna said she got a butt double for the bay scene. My buddy Zach was like, 'Who's going to be your butt double?' and I said, 'I don't know. Do you want the gig?' I brought him down, he met the director, did a little spin around and boom -- he's in the movie! He's got a great ass."

WTF?
Chris Evans uses a butt double!
Oh, the humanity. Here I was dreaming about that butt and it wasn't even his??!!? Thank the goddesses he doesn't use a chest double.

Barack Obama, the the GOP presidential candidates and their non-response to the booing of a gay soldier:
"We don't believe in the kind of smallness that says it's okay for a stage full of political leaders -- one of whom could end up being the president of the United States -- being silent when an American soldier is booed. We don't believe in that. We don't believe in standing silent when that happens. We don't believe in them being silent since. You want to be commander in chief? You can start by standing up for the men and women who wear the uniform of the United States, even when it's not politically convenient. We don't believe in a small America. We believe in a big America -- a tolerant America, a just America, an equal America -- that values the service of every patriot."

I hope he talks like this all the time, calling out the GOP for their lies, and half-truths and insanity.
I want him to stand up for all of us against the GOP, and not just a gay soldier.

Mitt Romney, on why he won't scold those who booed:
“I think we can hear the boos. I would tell you that in these debates there’s been a lot of booing and a lot of applause, cheering and booing — some of which I don’t agree with. Now, I have not made it my practice to scold the audience and say, ‘I disagree with this person, I agree with that person’ because it goes in a lot of different directions. I don’t recall whether this soldier — whether people were booing his question or just…I don’t know when they booed and I don’t know why they booed. But I will tell you, that the boos and applause hasn’t always coincided with my own views, but I haven’t stepped in to try and say, ‘this one is right, this one is wrong.’ Instead, I focus on the things I think I will say.”

So presidential of you, Mittsy.
And exactly why we can't elect you. You won't stand up and tell those people who are in the wrong that they are in the wrong, especially if they are Republican.
Now, had it been a Democratic debate and people booed a gay soldier--and we'll have to suspend our beliefs systems here because that wouldn't happen--you can bet old Mittsy would be first in line to scold the crowds.
Pandering asshat.
Pandering unelectable asshat.


Tony Perkins, Family Rights Council asshat, blaming the booing of that soldier on Obama: 
"As a young Marine I remember my First Sergeant telling me how he was greeted at the airport on his return to the United States by being spit upon and cursed by anti-war liberals that dominated the college campuses at the time.  I strongly condemn any disrespectful behavior toward anyone who has honorably served our nation in uniform.  But that is not what occurred at the debate.  Anyone who saw the debate could clearly see that the audience was booing not the soldier, but the President's policy to use our military as political pawns to force acceptance of a homosexual lifestyle that is abhorrent to most.  It is not conservatives who are spitting in the face of the military, it is the President and his liberal allies who are using our nation's brave men and women to advance their radical social policy agenda."

Oh Tony. STFU.
You have no clue what you're talking about. it was quite clear that the fact that a gay soldier was speaking to a Republican about DADT brought on the booing.
It's typical homophobic crap, something with which you are all too familiar.
STFU. Seriously.


Patti Stanger, the single Millionaire Matchmaker, on The Gays:
"In the show when we do the mixers, the guys are passing around the telephone numbers, they're sleeping with each other, even after the millionaire gets the date he's sleeping with the pool of people. My (gay) friend...says 'Patti this is what it's like around the country.' This is the gay community. I said, 'I'm trying to curb them.' Now this is not the lesbian. The lesbian gets involved. They move in together. They're quiet. They're at peace. But the gay men. They whip it out at eyelock. They get involved, and then they find out later whether or not they want a serious relationship. And I hope they use the privilege in New York of gay marriage, because now they have it. And a lot of gays aren't getting married, even though they have the privilege."

How does someone who can't even find herself a match,m act as an expert on the gay community?
And why do we let her?
Howsabout turning off the TV every time this wingnut opens her yap?
It's like she's Bravos own "Ann Coulter" saying whatever she wants to get ratings.
Not from this queen.

Toby Keith, country singer, on gay marriage:
"That whole gay issue thing, that's never bothered me. I've never seen what that affects and [why] anybody should care - and they never do affect me...First of all, we're going to stop somebody from getting a marriage license because they're gay? You won't stop them from living together, so what have you accomplished? ... Wasting a lot of money here and a lot of time that could be spent working on this deficit that we're under ... I never saw the reasoning behind getting in people's personal lives."

Well, I think people who are against same-sex marriage shouldn't care. I mean, I'm not all up in their marriage,m why should they be up in mine?
But same-sex marriage proponents should care, until we all have equality.
And while it's nice to hear a country music singer, especially a male one, say this, howsabout stepping up and speaking out for us, Keith?

Herman Cain, saying he should have said something when the GOP debate crowd booed that gay soldier:
"I happen to think that maybe they were booing the whole 'don't ask, don't tell' repeal more so than booing that soldier. But we didn't know that. In retrospect, because of the controversy it has created and because of the different interpretations that it could have had ... that would have been appropriate."

Could'a, would'a, should'a.
That's the GOP way, Hermy.
Always trying to unring a bell.

Ryan Gosling, on his looks:
“I’m not that good looking. I think I’m a pretty weird-looking guy. Every role I got up until ‘The Notebook’ [in 2004] was the weirdo, freak, psychopath, nerd, outsider character guy. I think things have changed."

Me thinks the hottie doth protest too much.
Seriously.
Get thee a mirror, Ryan.
Or just come on over to my house.
I can make you feel purty.


David Cameron, British Prime Minister, on being a Conservative who supports marriage equality:
"I once stood before a Conservative conference and said it shouldn’t matter whether commitment was between a man and a woman, a woman and a woman, or a man and another man. You applauded me for that. Five years on, we’re consulting on legalising gay marriage. And to anyone who has reservations, I say: Yes, it’s about equality, but it’s also about something else: commitment. Conservatives believe in the ties that bind us; that society is stronger when we make vows to each other and support each other. So I don’t support gay marriage despite being a Conservative. I support gay marriage because I’m a Conservative."


Wow.
I wonder if he might be able to swerve a certain other head of state, say, across the pond, who is still evolving on gay marriage?
Just sayin'.

3 comments:

  1. Toby Keith says that stopping same-sex marriage will not stop gays from living together. Did he just reveal the real hetero agenda? Did he suggest they cease their effort to stop gay marriage and instead put their effort into stopping us from living together in the first place? If he's not suggesting that, why'd he say it?

    Oh Toby, that's so disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of not saying!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan is hot in person... Gotta love LA

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......