Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Off To See Audra ....

Okay … so way back in April I learned that Audra McDonald, actress and singer and six-time Tony award winner, would be appearing at the Peace Center up Greenville. I was instantly online booking tickets for the show and telling Carlos that he’d need to leave work early on the Thursday of the show; and he said he would.

Then he said he couldn’t, because he had a class to attend that didn’t end until six — and the show was at 7:30, two hours away — and he couldn’t skip it.

Heartbroken, seriously, I love Audra McDonald, I began looking for someone, anyone, who might buy the tickets from me, and I had no luck. I even took to social media to see if I could sell them, and found no one. I sucked it up, and figured I’d take the loss, until …

The Peace Center emailed me to say the show had been canceled because Miss McDonald was ill, and that the show would be rescheduled for October … six months down the road. But, hey, Carlos and I could now go and I could scratch Seeing Audra Live off my Bucket List.


And that day, is today … we’re leaving work early and making the drive and I so cannot wait to see her, and hope beyond hope she sings this one …



... or this one ...

  

... or this one ...


... Hell, she could sing anything and I'd listen and cheer.

7 comments:

  1. have fun and a safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! You guys deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blast!!! And promise me we won't see you on TMZ as the queen who threw his undies up on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MM
    I squealed a few times, but kept my drawers to myself, though, were we sitting closer, i might have hurled myself onto the stage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, love Audra McDonald. What a voice and what a presence. Can't wait to hear about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like her and all, but does anyone need to sing "over the rainbow' again...........EVER?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Blobby
    When Audra sings it .... YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......