Friday, October 02, 2015

I Didn't Say It ...

President Obama, shading Kim Davis without saying her name:

“We affirm that we cherish our religious freedom and are profoundly respectful of religious traditions. But we also have to say clearly that our religious freedom doesn’t grant us the freedom to deny our fellow Americans their constitutional rights. And that even as we are respectful and accommodating genuine concerns and interests of religious institutions, we need to reject politicians who are supporting new forms of discrimination as a way to scare up votes. That's not how we move America forward.”

It’s so simple a fool can understand it, which, well, says a lot about Kim Davis.
Danny Pintauro, former Who’s The Boss? child star, revealing that he is HIV positive:

"I wanted to tell you this a long time ago, but I wasn't ready — I'm ready now — that I'm HIV positive, and I have been for 12 years. It's just a big deal. It's not something that people are talking about right now really.  I was doing crystal meth, which completely ruins your immune system. Crystal meth takes away your inhibitions. You have no limits. I know exactly when it happened. I truly thought I was being safe, and obviously, I wasn’t.”

Pintauro wants to dedicate himself to educating people about HIV, safer sex, and addiction.
Good on him; for too long we’ve acted like this disease is over and it’s not.
It’s manageable, though there is no cure yet. And we need to, once again, take back the stigma of anyone who is positive and how they contracted the virus.
Rush Limbaugh, off his meds and ranting about NASA and climate change:

“They’re lying about it. They’re just making up the amount of ice in the North and South Poles, they’re making up the temperatures, they’re lying and making up false charts and so forth. So what’s to stop them from making up something that happened on Mars that will help advance their left-wing agenda on this planet? OK so there’s flowing water on Mars. Yip yip yip yahoo. You know me, I’m science 101, big time guy, tech advance it, you know it, I’m all in. But, NASA has been corrupted by the current regime. I want to find out what they’re going to tell us. OK, flowing water on Mars. If we’re even to believe that, what are they going to tell us that means? That’s what I’m going to wait for. Because I guarantee, let’s just wait and see, this is September 28, let’s just wait and see. Don’t know how long it’s going to take, but this news that there is flowing water on Mars is somehow going to find its way into a technique to advance the leftist agenda.”

Yup, Obama coerced NASA into finding water on Mars to advance the notion of climate change here on Earth.
Oh Rush, take another pill, have a sammich and shut up.
Alyssa Milano, Danny Pintauro’s Who’s The Boss? co-star, on his revelation of being HIV positive:

“I hate that it took him so long to feel comfortable, but I’m so glad that he is able to express himself now, and I guarantee you he will change so many lives. I’m so grateful that this disease is now being discussed again because it feels like there was such a long time that it wasn’t, and he is a beacon of light, and he will be. I’m proud.”

Silence = Death, and thankfully Danny Pintauro won’t be silent.
Hillary Clinton, on her supposed flip-flop on marriage equality:

“On same-sex marriage, like a lot of people, including our president, I did evolve. And I was not raised to even imagine this. And I’m thrilled now that it is the law of the land. And I have a lot of good friends who are now able to be married because of the changes we’ve made legally and constitutionally.” 

She can’t do anything right for the GOP, who dog her every statement.
If she supports marriage equality she’s anti-family; if they find out she once felt differently, as did almost all of the country, I might add, she gets burned.
Let me make this queer: everyone who now supports marriage equality has evolved, m’kay?

4 comments:

  1. like Pres o's statement. we all have jobs we would not
    apply for due to our moral and religious views. i am against
    the death penalty so i would not work in a prison. and i could
    work against on my own time. kim davis could do that if she
    wished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TDM
    I knew there was another reason I liked you: anti-death penalty? Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not see how anyone can justify killing another person, whether murder or state sanctioned murder.....with the exception of helping someone to die if they no longer wish to live, but only if that person asks for help.

    Re Rush Logjam; there are websites around that peddle the fiction of the far left and it is every bit as risible as the lies of the left. I've seen an article that, in all seriousness, claims that Putin is intervening in Syria to promote world peace. If you believe that or Logjam's idiocies then you are one sad person.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......