Friday, October 09, 2015

I Didn't Say It ...

Meryl Streep, on feminism:

"Men should look at the world as if something is wrong when their voices predominate. They should feel it. People at agencies and studios, including the parent boards, might look around the table at the decision-making level and feel something is wrong if half their participants are not women. Because our tastes are different, what we value is different. Not better, different. I am a humanist, I am for nice easy balance."

And wouldn’t it be nice just to hear a different perspective on things?
Like, oh, I don’t know, from a female president, for example?
Ben Carson, future failed presidential candidate and, apparently brain-dead neurosurgeon, responding to a Facebook question about the Second Amendment and the recent Oregon mass murder:

"I grew up in the slums of Detroit. I saw plenty of gun violence as a child. Both of my cousins were killed on the streets. As a Doctor, I spent many a night pulling bullets out of bodies. There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking — but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away. Serious people seek serious solutions. The Left would prefer to use these tragedies to advance a political agenda. To me, that is also devastatingly sad. The Left would have you believe that a man that asked Christians to stand up (and then executed them one by one) would obey “new gun laws”. That kind of logic explains many of the problems we find ourselves in today."

No one is suggesting that a lunatic would follow new gun laws, you moron, they are simply saying that if we had better gun control maybe the lunatics wouldn’t find it so easy to get a gun and go on a shooting spree.
God, for a brain surgeon, you’re an ignorant f**k.
Adam Rippon, US figure skater, coming out as gay:

“I feel so overwhelmed that U.S. Figure Skating wants to be a part of me. It’s a huge thing to have your sport’s governing body be a part of that and to show all their athletes that they accept them for who they are and for their individual personalities. … I want to be a relatable example. And I want to say something to the dad out there who might be concerned that his son is a figure skater. I mean look at me; I’m just a normal son from small-town Pennsylvania. Nothing changed. I’d just like to be a good role model. I’ve been honest with myself the whole time. I worked hard and loved what I did.”

I could make a joke about how surprising it is that a male figure skater is gay, but let’s get real: he’s gay and we’re everywhere and any acceptance anywhere is a positive thing for the younger gaylings.
Kanye West, on how he’s been discriminated against in the fashion industry because he is not gay:

“I feel like I got discriminated in fashion for not being gay. In music, you definitely get discriminated in music if you are gay. It takes amazing talents to break down barriers. Everyone thought that when Frank Ocean dropped that it was going to be bad for his career. I feel like it’s so cliché to speak about him as it relates to this subject, but there are people who broke the ground and he broke the ground. The people that break the stereotypes make history.”

First off, Kanye, lotsa folks think you are gay, so it isn’t any perceived image of your sexual orientation that makes the fashion industry discriminate against you …
It’s.The.Clothes. Seriously, Google his collection and you can see why he’s being “discriminated” against.
Bobby Jindal, lunatic Louisiana governor and future failed presidential candidate, on the “real” culprit in the Oregon massacre:

“This killer’s father is now lecturing us on the need for gun control and he says he has no idea how or where his son got the guns. Of course he doesn’t know. You know why he doesn’t know? Because he is not, and has never been in his son’s life. He’s a complete failure as a father, he should be embarrassed to even show his face in public. He’s the problem here. … He brags that he has never held a gun in his life and that he had no idea that his son had any guns. Why didn’t he know? Because he failed to raise his son. He should be ashamed of himself, and he owes us all an apology. Case Closed.”

Wow. So it’s not the fact that it’s easy-peasy to get a gun in this country.
It’s not the fact that Mercer’s mother stockpiled weapons and routinely took her son to a shooting range.
It’s that his father is anti-gun and wasn’t around.
Seriously, Bobby Jindal, you are a disgrace to the human race.

4 comments:

  1. Jindal can say whatever he fucking wants - it's not getting him out of the 1%. Not in money, but of polling for President. He's a loser - in every single way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby Jindal and Ben Carson aren't real politicians are they? Really they're comedians having a laugh from Saturday Night Live...no? You're seriously telling me they are 'real' politicians?

    ReplyDelete
  3. bravo for the us figure skating group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second blobby!

    kanye is an asshat and everyone hates him. period.

    bravo to meryl and adam; now I have to google adam to see where he's from...scranton, about 3 hours north of me and the birthplace of our VP, uncle joe biden!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......