Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Look! Up in the sky! It's a plane: Indiana's Governor Pence


Indiana Governor Mike Pence on the House passing SB 101, a bill that will allow Indiana business owners to refuse service to customers based on religious beliefs:
“The legislation, SB 101, is about respecting and reassuring Hoosiers that their religious freedoms are intact.  I strongly support the legislation and applaud the members of the General Assembly for their work on this important issue.  I look forward to signing the bill when it reaches my desk.”
He looks forward to making it legal for some Hoosiers to discriminate against other Hoosiers, specifically the LGBT ones.

Asshat.

7 comments:

  1. Religious Freedom Restoration Act?
    omg! What happened? Were did it go? Where are they all hiding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds to me like someone is trying to resurrect Jim Crow Law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There has been several conventions that have alerted the Governor that he passes this law, they are pulling out to a different city. It worked in Arizona, no one even tried in Arkansas, hopefully it will work in Hoosier-land.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You keep using that term "religious freedom." I do not think it means what you think it means.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do not understand what makes these people think their 'religious' freedoms are being impinged upon. Can anyone explain to me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My question is the same, viz; If someone discriminates but cannot demonstrate that s/he is 'religious' (putting aside the fact that many religious people are also anti-discrimination anyway), will it mean that said person will then be prosecuted with the full force of the law? I think we should be told.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......