Friday, March 27, 2015

I Didn't Say It ...

Meghan McCain, on Aaron Schock's epic "flameout":

“The specific scandal that led to his resignation exacerbates every negative stereotype that exists about Millennials being the over-indulged, selfie-obsessed, “me-me-me” generation, and now, unluckily enough for us Millennial Republicans out there, our first well-known representative will be best remembered for completely blowing his chance to reform our party simply because he got too caught up riding around in private jets and going to Katy Perry concerts.” 

To me he's just another self-entitled Republican who thinks the rules don't apply to them, young or old, Baby Boomer or Millennial.
[photo source]
Kerry Washington, of Scandal, receiving the Vanguard Award at the GLAAD Media Awards about how marginalized communities should be working together for a seat at the table:

"So when black people today tell me that they don't 'believe' in gay marriage, the first thing that I say is please don't let anybody try to get you to vote against your own best interests by feeding you messages of hate. And then I say, you know people used to say stuff like that about you and your love. And if we let the government start to legislate love in our lifetime, who do you think is next? We can't say that we believe in each others' fundamental humanity and then turn a blind eye to the reality of each other’s existence and the truth of each other’s hearts. We must be allies. And we must be allies in this business because to be represented is to be humanized. And as long as anyone, anywhere is being made to feel less human, our very definition of humanity is at stake and we are all vulnerable."

Perfection.
[photo source]
Henry Rollins, musician and outspoken LGBT supporter, suggesting that opposition to marriage equality is the GOP’s best fundraising tool:

“I am not convinced that that many people really have a problem with gay marriage [but] I think that there are absolutely some people who hate and fear the gay and are very opposed to the gay marriage. … I think that it has become a consistent and dependable fundraiser to where if every homosexual person in America said ‘ok, we’re awful, we have a bad lifestyle, and we’ll slither under the rock that we should be living under and we’ll never ask to be married again,’ they would lose a major fundraising tool. People on the right would go ‘no, no, no, come back queer wanna-get-married guy, we need you in the bible belt.”

Sad, but true. Hate as a means of raising money for a political party.
[photo source]
Zoe Saldana, on the Dolce & Gabbana boycott:

“[That] would be the stupidest thing if it affected my fashion choice. People are allowed to their own opinion, however, I wouldn’t have chosen to be so public about something that’s such a personal thing. Obviously it caused some sensitivity, but then again if you continue to follow the news, you see they all kinda hugged it out, so why are we making a big deal about it? I’m certainly not going to stop wearing Dolce, and I’m certainly not going to be refuting when they are adopting synthetic children, however they wanted to say it. I do think things are lost in translation. My husband [Marco Perego] is from Italy and if I judged him based on the words that he misuses in our English language he wouldn’t be here today. It’s like look people, have a drink, relax, it’s okay.”

A prime example of why some, some, actresses shouldn't speak unless reading from a script.
It was by no means a case of not understanding the language; those two gay men are ashamed of ebbing gay and think that being gay means they have no rights to marry or have children, either via adoption, IVF, surrogacy...
Siddown Zoe, and keep quiet.
Madonna, on why she’s never met President Obama:

"The person I most want to meet is President Obama. When the heck am I going to meet him? He just needs to invite me to the White House already. He probably thinks I'm too shocking to be there. I'm serious. If I was a little bit more demure or if I was just married to Jay Z. Hey, if Jay would only take me as his second wife, then I'd score an invitation.”

Maybe he’s just not that into you, Madge.
[photo source]
Larry Kramer, LGBT activist, author, playwright and hero, receiving the first-ever Larry Kramer Activism Award from the Gay Men's Health Crisis [GMHC]:

"Genocide is the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or ethnic group. Such as gay people. Such as people of color. To date, around the world, an estimated 78 million people have become infected, 39 million of whom have died. When we first became acquainted with HIV there were 41 cases. The main difference between the Larry Kramer who helped to start Gay Men’s Health Crisis in his living room in 1982 and ACT UP in 1987 and the Larry Kramer who stands before you now is that I no longer have any doubt that our government is content, via sins of omission or commission, to allow the extermination of my homosexual population to continue unabated."

Silence = Death. Stand out, speak out, and carry on Larry’s legacy. Hiding does no one any good.

5 comments:

  1. At least Aaron Shock was entertaining while he lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful for the quotes from the enlightened ones here and not surprised, mostly, by the others. But, Zoe Saldana can read from as many scripts as she wants in future. I think I'll boycott HER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoe, Zoe, Zoe, really girl, just stand there and be pretty 'cause when you open your mouth ugly falls out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother's friend Nick was infected from blood transfusions with HIV anti-whatsits in it; he was a haemophiliac and has been dead thirty plus years now. My government will not give money to anybody infected with HIV from blood transfusions; the guilt marches on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madonna still thinks she's relevant?
    That's funny.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......