Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Kelly Clarkson Takes On A Hater

Katie Hopkins is what’s called in Great Britain, a “TV presenter;” think Kathie Lee Gifford and a Fox News Barbie Bobble-head and you get the idea. Nice to look at, but not so smart. I mean, how else can we explain that, for some reason, Hopkins decided to get on her Twitter account and pitch a fit about Kelly Clarkson … who … well, we’ll let Kelly say what she has to say about Katie Hopkins in a second.

Hopkins Tweeted this:
"Look chubsters. Kelly Clarkson had a baby a year ago. That is no longer baby weight. That is carrot cake weight. Get over yourselves."
Lovely; women fat-shaming women; even when it’s stupid women doing the fat-shaming, it’s still disgusting. But Hopkins wasn’t done; she also made some comments after Kelly performed on the Graham Norton Show:
“Jesus, what happened to Kelly Clarkson? Did she eat all of her backing singers? Darling, if you had a baby a year ago, that is not baby weight. It is fat. Quit calling it cute names to make yourself feel better.”
To be fair, Kelly had a baby eight months ago, but, well, does it matter, or is Hopkins just a classless twit? But the best part of all this is what happened when people began to ask Kelly Clarkson about Katie Hopkins and Kelly said:
“Who?”
And when she learned who this nitwit was, Kelly again took the high road and responded:
“Oh, and she’s tweeted something nasty about me? That’s because she doesn’t know me. I’m awesome! It doesn’t bother me. It’s a free world. Say what you will. I’ve just never cared what people think. It’s more if I’m happy and I’m confident and feeling good, that’s always been my thing. And more so now, since having a family – I don’t seek out any other acceptance.” 
Two women; one classy and smart, one without so much as a couple of brain cells to rub together and access to social media.

Kelly.Rules. In fact she's ...


8 comments:

  1. Secret - I've always preferred working in an office with men in it. An all woman office can get really scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She came something like fourth in the UK version of the Apprentice several years ago, I have no idea how she's hung on to a media career this long but the fact I'm now commenting on a complete stranger's blog about her when I don't watch the Apprentice or anything else she's done is probably a clue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly Clarkson, again proving why she is a star with class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TDM - yes, yes indeed.

    and SO WHAT if it IS carrot cake weight? make no apologies, take no prisoners; if kelly is happy with who she is, then fuck all the h8ers!

    (says the fat happy awesome woman)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the hell is wrong with this idiot? Who cares how much Clarkson weighs? She's a singer, not a Playboy centerfold model. Either you like her voice and her songs or you don't. What she looks like should be totally irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. w00t! Kelly is one completely awesome person with her handling of this hate about her weight, a total non-issue if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopkins is a phenomenon here, her big-mouthed, provocative utterances get her the headlines she's always chasing after. I doubt if anyone really takes her as seriously as she thinks they do. She's rather like when you see a cartoon on the cover of a magazine - even if you're not going to buy it you just HAVE to look at it.

    Btw: Had to laugh reading 'Dog's Mothers' comment above re all-female offices. It's something I used to be wary of commenting on for fear of being accused of being sexist. However, now that the subject has been raised, I do recall in my working days becoming aware that the all-female, dozen-strong typing pool for Oxford City Council which employed me, had a permanent feature where their workers would gang up to make catty, derogatory remarks at each of their typists until they actually cried. All of them had to spend some time as 'victim' until actual tears were shed, then it moved onto the next one, rather like 'Pass the Parcel'. No one was spared their turn, not even the typing pool boss!
    Maybe there's an equivalent for all-male offices? I don't know as I never worked in one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like Kelly. I don't mind the weight, but it's the shaved head with the hair drooping over it I can do without.

    Yes....me without any is hair-shaming.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......