Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday Fun Day: Why I Love Adele, Reason # 6,278

I fell in love with Adele the first time I heard her sing.

I fell in love with Adele even more when I heard her speak.

I fell in love with Adele even harder when I heard her swear.

It grew when Adele had a baby boy and said:
“He makes me so proud of myself, and he makes me like myself so much. And I’ve always liked myself. I’ve never not liked myself. I don’t have hangups like that. But I’m so proud of myself that I made him in my belly. Cooked him in my belly and then he came out of me! This human who’s suddenly walking around and doing his own thing. I can’t wait to know who his best friends are going to be, who his girlfriend or his boyfriend is going to be ..."
And now, I’ve fallen deeper in love with Adele because, recently, she and her partner, Simon Konecki, were in California and took their son, Angelo, to Disneyland … and allowed the boy to dress as Anna from Frozen.

I love Adele.

PS Angelo's face was obscured in most photos from that day, not out of shame, but because a little boy deserves some anonymity when is mum is one of the biggest music stars of the day.

4 comments:

  1. Agree and no problem with the obscuring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a truly talented singer, unlike the many manufactured pop stars out there who would never, ever DARE to sing live with just a piano at the Grammys.

    And I love that, in talking about her son's future, is open to the option that someday he may have a girlfriend or a boyfriend. Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm well out of the loop as far as Adele is concerned. I've never cared for her singing and can't understand why most of the world seems to be entranced by it. As for her speaking voice, if that grates (which, by golly it does) I don't have the words to describe her laugh.
    I'd like to think it's a 'generation thing' but I find that many around my own advanced age are also in thrall to her sound. Oh well. Maybe it's just me - though I know I'm not entirely alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you when it comes Adele. Well, I'm with you on a lot of things!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......