Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday Asshat Trifecta, Part 1: Ted Cruz

Okay, so there are a lot of reasons — a LOT of reasons — to pronounce Ted Cruz an Asshat, but for today I want to talk about Teddy’s recent statement that he thinks it’s just dandy for Christian business owners to be able to discriminate against The Gays and other if they believe the Bible tells them so:
“Everyone has to reconcile their own faith with how they interact with others, and that’s a choice you’ve got to make based on your understanding of biblical teachings and based on the best understanding you can come to it.”
Now, to be honest, I am no Bible scholar — You don’t say! — but I never knew the Bible taught discrimination; I never knew the Bible talk you to turn people away. Maybe I’m glad I don’t follow the teachings of that Good Book.
“I’m very much a believer that the scripture teaches that you hate the sin and love the sinner, and so, you know, from my perspective I am perfectly willing to interact with anybody. Look, I work in the U.S. Congress. But at the same time, I don’t think the law should be forcing Americans to violate their religious faith.”
First off, I am so f**king tired of that ‘hate the sin, love the sinner’ bull shiz, because, according to your Bible, Teddy, everyone is a sinner, and yet you only want to discriminate against The Gays for their sins. Seriously?

That’s why Ted Cruz, and his ilk, are Asshats, because they twist the words of the Bible to say it encourages and promotes and condones discrimination.

Fromm what I’ve heard, Jesus never turned his back on anyone.

9 comments:

  1. When I hear the "Hate the sin, love the sinner" my first reaction is "f_ck you!" which I have said to one of my very self-righteous friends. So he's going to do me a "favor" by loving the sinner but hate the sin? F-ck you I say. Don't give me your pious bulls__t." No matter how sanctimonious they think they are they understand that sentiment from me. I just don't put up with that bulls__t. And Cruz, our senator by way of Canada and his Elmer Fudd voice? I can't take him seriously. He's a charlatan and he knows it. He knows he can stir up the base with his hate because they want to be stirred up. What really gets me is he claims to be so "patriotic." My family has been in this country since the 1670's, where was Cruz's? Cuba? I've lost count the number of my relatives from that time (from the Revolutionary War until now) who have served and many have lost their lives protecting the freedoms of this country so a fraud like Cruz can spout his hateful drivel. He has the freedom to do that, but what really concerns me is the people who believe him. The sad and dangerous underbelly of the American politic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ongoing issue that I have with these "christians" is that they don't get it. They can't seem to accept that Founding fathers represented many faiths, most of the Protestant, and that the people who established this country made religious freedom for EVERYONE a cornerstone. And what religious freedom means is that everyone is free to worship or not worship as they choose.

    They also seem to be confusing what the bible tells people of faith with using the bible to tell everyone else how to live their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of the Old Testament is full of hateful stuff and a very vengeful god; look what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah because he didn't like what people were doing there. And these so called Christians take a lot of their hate from that book written by people who mixed history, tribal warfare, myth and religious beliefs in one hate filled mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cookie
    Yes, the Bible is manual for people of faith, not a list of whom to hate for people of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this asshat needs to go back to canada AND STAY THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't with this fool

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying to figure out why Nikki Haley even WENT to that opening. Then I realized, she's simply THAT stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately, intellectually and socially challenged people like Ted Cruz... Oh, crap, never mind...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why do these people always think that they should be able to engage in what is essentially civil disobedience in service of their religious views without facing any consequences? People who stand up against what they see as an unjust law have traditionally been prepared to be arrested for their trouble (Rosa Parks, MLK, etc) Righties think they should be able to disobey laws based on their conscience without suffering any consequences.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......