Friday, May 02, 2014

I Didn't Say It ...

Dolly Parton, on marriage equality:

"I think everyone should be with who they love. I don't want to be controversial or stir up a bunch of trouble but people are going to love who they are going to love. I think gay couples should be allowed to marry. They should suffer just like us heterosexuals."

Good on Dolly, though I can do without the tired ‘let The Gays be miserable, too’ joke.
Chris Martin, Coldplay singer and recently consciously uncoupled from Paltrow, on boyband One Direction and singer Harry Styles:

"I think One Direction are the biggest band in the world, their songs are great. I'm saying One Direction are brilliant and I'm not kidding. You know why? Because their songs are really good and I don't think that any of them are going to go solo. I think they appreciate their chemistry from watching their movie... Harry has come to a couple of our shows, I think I probably said the same thing about chemistry. I can't remember - I was too enamoured with his hair cut. I was like this, 'I was pretty sure I was a straight guy before' - I was having a hot flush."

Hmm, maybe that’s why the conscious uncoupling?
Cliven Bundy, asshat rancher and Teabagger darling, explaining that he’s a racist because of Martin Luther King:

"I took this boot off so I wouldn’t put my foot in my mouth with the boot on. Let me see if I can say something. Maybe I sinned and maybe I need to ask forgiveness and maybe I don’t know what I actually said. But you know, when you talk about prejudice, we’re talking about not being able to exercise what we think and our feelings. We don’t have freedom to say what we want. If I call — if I say negro or black boy or slave, I’m not — if those people cannot take those kind of words and not be offended, then Martin Luther King hasn’t got his job done then yet. They should be able to — I should be able to say those things and they shouldn’t offend anybody. I didn’t mean to offend them."

Seriously how the Teabaggers ever elect anyone when their heroes are people like this fool is beyond me.
Bill Maher, on Cher's detractors:

“Stop saying 67 year-old year old Cher shouldn’t dress like this anymore. What’s she’s supposed to do, go out on tour wearing a pantsuit from Ann Taylor? You’ve got to admire anyone that can still fit into their old 70s rhinestone butt thong, whether it’s Cher or Richard Simmons. I say she still looks hot – even if that pastie doubles as an estrogen patch.”

It’s Cher, bitches, and she ain’t changing just because she’s getting older.
That’s why we love her.
Andrew Sullivan, on the Brendan Eich/Mozilla mess, and Donald Sterling’s racism:

"If Brendan Eich had made comments telling his friends to keep away from faggots, if he’d used any such terminology or had ever been shown to have discriminated against gays in the workplace or in his daily interactions, then his case would be very similar. But no such comments are in the public or private record, and there’s zero evidence that he ever acted in the workplace to harm gay employees. Au contraire, which is why gay Mozilla employees were divided about his ouster, with some supporting him. Sterling’s remarks, in contrast, reveal him to be a crude, foul bigot – which is why there is no division at all among African-Americans in the league – or beyond the league – about his fate."

True dat. Eich may have donated to Prop H8 and he may have voted Prop H8, but in this country he has that right.
Sterling’s blatant slave-owner mentality is a horse of a different color.
Victor Voronov, Johnny Weir’s on-again-off-again-on-again, and now apparently off-again, husband, saying Weir is “morally reprehensible":

"I was blinded by fear. Love and fear go hand in hand. I'm afraid of being alone. I'm codependent...I can't have a relationship with a woman again because now I'm openly gay. And I can't have a relationship with a man because I'm uncomfortable with my sexuality still."

First off, Vic, shut up. You picked him, and you knew he had baggage, and handbags. I could tell that just by seeing his picture.
And let’s be queer, you can’t have a sexual relationship with a woman because you’re gay and you don’t swing that way, and if you can’t have a relationship with a man seek therapy.
Stop whining, sit down, and shut.


2 comments:

  1. I agree the 'miserable married' comment is waaaaay too old and not funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victor, you need to see a doctor and ask for a heaping prescription of extra strength Shut The Fuck Up. No one will want to be with you ever in your life if all you do is whine.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......