Friday, May 16, 2014

I Didn't Say It ...

Pat Robertson, telling a listener to his show how to respond to her daughter who recently came out:

“You want to be loving and warm and let them know that you love them, BUT you cannot accept it and you cannot be an enabler. If they’re living together as a homosexual and you’re a Christian you cannot say I accept this lifestyle. Right now there’s an incredible barrage of activity forcing people to accept the homosexual lifestyle. Well, do we accept adultery? Do we accept fornication? Do we accept immorality?  Well, the answer is no. I don’t think we ought to be accepting of it.”

Christian love. Ain’t it grand?
Miley Cyrus, bashing the former ‘love of her life,’ Lima hems worth, while in concert:

And every time you get in your car, you’re going to hear my fucking song on the fucking radio, you piece of shit. That’s right. And then I’m gonna take all my clothes off, I’m gonna sit on a big, giant dick – sometimes two – I’m gonna swing around ... — you know, you can tell a lot about a person — I think you can tell how big their dick is by how much confidence they have usually, and if I was a dude I’d probably have a really big dick, ‘cause I feel really good about myself now. So I’m gonna tell those motherfuckers that broke my heart, particularly one, to suck my fat dick and to enjoy hearing this song for the rest of your life. This song is called Wrecking Ball.”

Someone is really harboring a grudge, meanwhile, Liam Hemsworth was heard saying, “Miley who?”
Allen West, wingnut Teabagger, and former one-term Congressman, in a blog posting that many say is his acknowledgement that he is considering a run for president:

"A diamond is but a rock until it undergoes intense pressure and heat. Steel is purified by intense heat. We cannot seek to live a life where our goal is to go from one oasis to another. Sometimes we have to cross a desert in order to develop inner strength. Many are asking me to consider a huge undertaking. If God had not placed a challenge before me and closed one door, perhaps a new mission would not be possible."

Seriously? have a better shot at being elected President.
Michele Bachmann, speaking out against the National Women's History Museum to be built on the National Mall:

“I believe ultimately that this museum, which will be built on the National Mall, on federal land, will enshrine the radical feminist movement that stands against the pro-life movement, the pro-family movement, and the pro-traditional marriage movement.”

So, it’s basically because of The Gays, I guess, that she’s anti-women, which is funny, because that’s the same reason her husband is anti-women, too.
Jason Benham, whose HGTV was cancelled before it started based on their anti-gay “religious” beliefs, taking on Michael Sam:

“Michael Sam is a talented football player and for that, he should be playing in the NFL. But his sexual expressions and the propagation of them are not healthy for him as a young man. Both heterosexual and homosexual expressions outside the context of traditional, historic marriage between a man and a woman are not healthy for us as individuals or for us as a nation…”

Funny, though, he says anyone who acts outside of traditional marriage, either heterosexually, or homosexually, is wrong, and yet he hasn’t taken on one professional athlete who has wives and girlfriends and all kinds of children running around.
It’s just the openly gay one.
Stephen Colbert, on the Michael-Vito kiss:

"Folks this is just wrong. In the NFL sexuality is supposed to take place OFF CAMERA. And the fans should only find out about it when the charges are filed."

True that. A loving kiss between a couple as they hear good news is bad, but let’s turn down the set when our players are charged with rape, or worse. And let’s keep that on the down low.
Chuck Todd, MSNBC political commentator, on the Michael-Vito kiss:

“That could be the most significant cultural moment in hindsight. We may look back on that moment being sort of THE big moment when same-sex marriage and same-sex relationships as far as pop culture was concerned went mainstream. … That was as significant as a state legalizing, as being the first state to legalize same-sex marriage.”

The kiss felt ‘round the world … or at least in Homophobiastan.
Newt Gingrich, on ex-NFL player Derrick Ward’s Twitter meltdown over the Michael-Vito kiss:

“You guys talk about how you want to be inclusive, except of course if somebody tweets this, then [there are] death threat or let's send them off to sensitivity training. I mean it strikes me as repression, that’s not inclusive…shouldn’t you also be teaching people who are gay to be open and understanding [of anti-gay views]?”

Newt the Serial Adulterer talking about sensitivity is laughable. He doesn’t seem to see that if the religious right bashes any kind of gay interaction, a kiss or a coming out, that’s okay, but when we bash back, we’re insensitive.
Michael Sam, on a young man who came out of the closet to his father after Sam was drafted:

"I'm honored that I helped someone to be comfortable with who we are - gave them a little courage to speak to his father. But right now I'm just looking forward to continue on my dream. And if it inspires other people. Hey, I'm with you. And anyone that's not okay with that, like I said earlier, if someone disowns you, be part of my family. I'll welcome you. Ram up!"

Sometimes it isn’t the family you were born into, it’s the family that accepts you.

3 comments:

  1. A museum is now going to wreck our marriage - who knew??

    ReplyDelete
  2. serious right wing douchebaggery here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anne marie

    I know, right?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......