Thursday, October 17, 2013

Spirit Day ... Go Purple ... For Them

What is Spirit Day?

Spirit Day is an annual day held on the third Thursday of October when millions of Americans wear purple to speak out against bullying and to show their support for LGBTQ youth and to speak out against bullying. 
Spirit Day was started in 2010 by high school student Brittany McMillan as a response to the young people who had taken their own lives. Observed annually, individuals, schools, organizations, corporations, media professionals and celebrities wear purple, which symbolizes spirit on the rainbow flag. 
Getting involved is easy ...
Just go Purple.
And do it for ....



For more info, check out Spirit Day at GLAAD

4 comments:

  1. Rummaging in closet...
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a purple shirt to wear today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 AM

    Purple avatar. Purple t-shirt for work. Purple panties. I'm ready for the whole day, even when I get dressed up for Project Runway tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so unbelievably sad. All those young kids. Heartbreaking. I remember being bullied. I hate bullies. HATE THEM. I know hate is a strong word but I cannot stand injustice or someone picking on another just to be mean.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......