Friday, October 18, 2013

I Didn't Say It ...

Tim Gunn, on what he might say and do to Miley Cyrus:
“I don’t think I would say anything to her, I think I would haul off and give her a great big bitch slap. She needs to be shocked into listening.”

In these days of uncertainty, of government shutdowns and ceiling debts, when I feel down, I picture Tim Gunn bitchslapping Miley and I find myself smiling.
Just sayin’.

Samuel Wurzelbacher, AKA Joe the Plumber, AKA Not Joe, AKA Not A Plumber, on Republicans and racism:
"Wanting a white Republican president doesn’t make you racist, it just makes you American. In the pre-black president era, criticizing the president was simply the American thing to do. An exercise of one’s First Amendment right. Criticism had nothing to do with color, because there had never been a black president, or at least one whom people recognized as black. So to criticize the president meant that you didn’t like his policies. The election of a recognized black president was not supposed to change anything. In fact, it was supposed to (1) ease any perceived racial tensions, and (2) allow the government to focus on legislating without race. So America would be more free than ever to discuss the issues. Not the case. And that is why having a white Republican president is best for the country."

Except, Joe, you clinking clanking clacking collection of caliginous junk, when people like you discuss Obama you bring race to the table.
When people like Democrats discuss politics we don’t add race to it.

Mikhail Baryshnikov, on Russia’s discrimination and persecution of LGBT people:
"My life has been immensely enriched by gay mentors, colleagues and friends and any discrimination and persecution of gay people is unacceptable. Equal treatment of people is a basic right and it is sad that we still have to even speak about this in [the] 21st century. I salute NO MORE FEAR foundation for stepping in so quickly to provide the much necessary assistance to gay and lesbian people who are fleeing prosecution and help them lead a proud life in their new country."

Glad to see Baryshnikov standing up, though he doesn’t mention Russia directly. The fact that he’s Russian and speaking out is a major step.

Pat Robertson, on the GOP:
"The Republicans have got to wave the white flag and say, ‘We fought a good fight and now it’s over.' They cannot shut the government down and then bring about a default. We can’t do it. I mean, it would be devastating economically to every human being and the Republicans just can’t get tarred with that. So they tried and if they go to the electorate and say, ‘We tried, Obamacare was awful, we tried to get it underway and we weren’t successful, the Democrats wanted it, they fought for it and they wouldn’t let go so it’s their bill, their program.'"

Looks like someone slapped some sense in Robertson, at least for the moment. I’m sure The Crazy will reappear.

Lee Pearson, a 10-times paralympic games gold medalist, speaking out about Russian intolerance and violence toward LGBT citizens:
"I don't care if it means I go to prison. In some respects I hope I do because then the Prime Minister and my country would have to get involved and that would add to the embarrassment for Russia. Those calling for a boycott don't understand that the Olympics and Paralympics could be the one chance these sportsmen and women have to achieve their goals. Yes, they can be sympathetic towards our cause but their first goal must be to do their best. I say to Stephen, Rupert and all those backing a boycott that Sochi is going to happen whatever they say and they should join me so our collective message to Russia is stronger. It's much more powerful to be there than not...But the bigger reason for not boycotting Sochi is that you'd simply be putting your head in the sand. Isn't it much better to educate Russians and shed more light on the legislation both in Russia and worldwide? It is shocking. It's like Germany in the Thirties. We shouldn't ignore this."

Word.

Tommy Christopher, Mediaite reporter, at a White House briefing led by Jay Carney, on Obamacare:
"First of all, I don’t if you’re aware of this, but when I had a heart attack three years ago, I was uninsured, and I haven’t been able to get insurance ever since then. Listening to all the pressure on the president to negotiate, a lot of it from inside this room, it made me think, is there a chance the president would be willing to delay Obamacare for a year if Republicans were to agree to delay heart attacks for a year?"

Just another reason why Obamacare must stand.

Jay Carney, responding to Tommy Christopher:
"Tommy, you know the president’s position is that we need to implement the Affordable Care Act, and that when it comes to the millions of Americans across the country who have had a very hard time getting access to affordable health insurance, we need to focus on those folks and continue the business of implementing the Affordable Care Act so that on Jan. 1 those Americans will be able to purchase insurance, quality insurance at affordable rates for the first time."

Simple. Simply simple you’d think even a Teabagger could understand it.

Rielle Hunter, apologizing for f**king a married man:
“I behaved badly. That may seem obvious to you but it’s taken me a long time to admit that, even to myself. For years I was so viciously attacked by the media and the world that I felt like a victim. I now realize that the attacks are actually beside the point. The point is: I behaved badly. I am very sorry for my wrong, selfish behavior.”

Thanks.
Now go away and never speak of this, or anything, publicly again.

Martha Stewart, throwing shade at Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP:
“I haven’t eaten at Gwyneth’s house and I’ve never seen how she lives. But if she’s authentic, all the better. And I certainly hope she is. She really wants to be part of the lifestyle business. Gwyneth, for example, has a book on the bestseller list. She must be doing something right. She’s a charming, pretty person um who um has a feeling for lifestyle. She wants to be a lifestyle arbiter, fine. Good. I think I started this whole category of lifestyle.”

Watch your step, Gwynnie. Martha’s been in prison and she ain’t playin’.

4 comments:

  1. Beware of The Tim-minator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, Pat Robertson is still alive? And remind me to give Tim and Martha a HUGE kiss!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would line up behind tim to bitch-slap miley, and so would thousands of others. something her parents seem to be unable to do.

    joe the plumber should drop dead, as should pat robertson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Where's the end of the line to bitch slap Miley?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......