Tuesday, October 15, 2013

ISBL Asshat of The Week: Dennis Baxley

It's getting old, y'all, all these comparisons of The Gays to, well, pedophiles and kleptomaniacs and losers and  ... and ...

Now, I’ll admit that some of The Gays are pedophiles and adulterers and morally lax and kleptomaniacs, while I'd also argue that the rule applies to The Not Gays as well. We're human, y'all, and we're every kind of human out there, but that doesn't stop some of those rightwingnuts and Republicans and soon-to-be-honored ISBL asshats from spouting their inane remarks even without any proof to back up said statements.

Case in point: the newest addition to the ISBL Asshat Of The Week club, one Dennis Baxley, a Congressman and, well, yes, a Republican, from Florida who said this:
"It's easy to say parents need to get involved, but half these kids are raising themselves; they don't have any parents that are functional.  How can we address that?  I know it's scope and I know it's hard, but you're probably their only hope. I mean I sat an hour and a half with a teacher telling me, well this child has got serial men coming through the house, this one has two mommies, this one has an abusive father who's home, this one has alcoholism, this one has drug abuse.  It was a casualty warfare event to hear - just her classroom - how many dysfunctional, atypical - to me - uh, structures are in the way of a kid having a chance to learn."  
Yes, Baxley says that having a gay parent, or, Goddess forbid, two gay parents, is like being the child of a prostitute, or drug addict or alcoholic.

Hey Dennis? Um, yeah, you're a moron. While some gay parents can be alcoholics or drug abusers or, yes, even prostitutes, one does not automatically make the other true, and just because you say it, doesn't make it true because you don't have a single shred of evidence to back up your statements.

You're an asshat.

I can say that because I have proof, in your own words.


6 comments:

  1. Bob,

    When I was young and ignorant I assumed those in a position of power and respect knew what they were doing. Of course that view changed 180 degrees during the Viet Nam war. With today's version of the Republican party who are hell bent on destroying this country because they hate the fact that a black family lives in the White House, I know that the real criminals are politicans like Dennis Baxley, Congressman from Florida. Of course you realize that if a ignoramus like Baxley was in power we gays would be victims of the Final Solution. And I am not exaggerating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends works in a special class for kids who are in crisis. None of them are in crisis due to gay parents. None of the kids in crisis I tutored were with me because of gay parents. Children need safety, stability, mature, loving adults around them to whom they mean the world.
    It is not that hard and it drives me nuts why people don't learn that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. once again, it's the old angry white redumblican guy casting aspersions on everything he doesn't understand or CARES TO understand.

    go back under your rock, asshat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another shrill voice of desperation. What really gets me is, not that there are people like him around (we ALL have them) but that so many people can STILL swallow such unadulterated twaddle without a second thought. Well, I suppose it helps if you WANT to believe him before he even opens his mouth and, sadly. there's plenty of those around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob you are right; however you slice any group of people there will always be good bad and indifferent among all the different groupings. There are presumably even sane Republicans out there. People cannot all be lumped together.

    And two loving parents of the same sex has got to beat angry heterosexual parents any day.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......