Sunday, April 03, 2011

Overheard At Home......

This afternoon, after putting in a new cobblestone walkway, Carlos and I were having a rousing discussion about...........................................................typewriters.
Indeed.

Carlos: I remember my old typewrite. but I always wanted one of those IBM ones that had the little ball that sped through the typing.....tickety tickety tickety tick tick tick.
Bob: Oh, yeah, we had one of those.
Carlos: Oh, you must have been privileged.
Bob: No, we were white.

I have been watching a little too much Lisa Lampanelli, and will, no doubt, be punished.

10 comments:

  1. But like Lisa, funny none the less...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:35 PM

    Typewriters? My mom had an IBM Selectric II. Pretty cool but you could never find out how to get the little balls with other typefaces on them.

    A little later I got an SCM dot matric printer. Much better because that had a computer behind it on which I had written a rudimentary word processor in machine language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, but I bet your car couldn't jump up and down at red lights like HIS family's could!

    Couldn't resist. Save me a seat in the handbasket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! Dangerous but funny. WV is fan it ... good advice for you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a complete way of writing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet he's really good at drywall too.

    Add me to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep up great writing!!!
    Saab 9-5 Turbo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:52 AM

    Buick LeSabre Supercharger
    I wanted to thank you for this great post!! I enjoyed every little bit of it, I have you bookmarked and waiting for all the new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......