Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Architecture Wednesday: Lofty Living

I don't know if it's because it's a loft, or because of all the books, or the fact that it's in Stockholm, but I love this place.

This 3200-square-foot loft is on the top floor of a 125-year-old building in downtown Stockholm. The ceilings are sixteen feet, and the loft has exposures in all four directions.

The living space features only exclusive and high quality materials and appliances. There is also an open and very spacious living area with a fantastic wood burning fire place, a custom built bookshelf that emphasizes the height and shape of the ceiling and separate dining area from where you can enjoy the wonderful views over Östermalmstorg.

I think I should check the bank accounts and then pack my bags.

DigsDigs

11 comments:

  1. It's seeing things like this that makes me want to make enough money to afford such things. If only lofts weren't the new, "in" thing that's made them so much more expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another excellent choice.

    All I can think of is how many bottles of Bacardi Limon I could fit on all those shelves! Forget books ... that's some serious booze storage right there.

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live in a loft! But my budget cannot handle one. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:40 PM

    This is amazing!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I don't understand those stairs leading to what looks like a plexi-glass shelf or balcony over the head of the bed. ?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! That's amazing! I wish I lived there! It's beautiful and I would kill to have bookcases like that! I always wanted a huge library in the mansion I imagine in my head, this would do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about that place is incredible, I really like the way the second story overlooks the living room. And that couch looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What would it be like to have a shelf large enough to need a ladder to for it? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to live in a house with that many windows ... until the sun went down. There is something so scarey to be in a house with so many windows at night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never understood the appeal of lofts until I saw my friends' loft. It's nowhere near this big but I actually really like his place. I could definitely see myself living here, though. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this a penthouse? It must be if it has light from all directions. I can't imagine living in a place this beautiful- or with so many books! I always wanted a house but something like this would do. Maybe as my summer home?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......