Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kobe Bryant Is A F$&%ing Moron...Oops, Sorry You Felt Offended Kobe


This is a professional?
This is how professionals act?
Or is this how children, who don't know better, act?
Or, is this how super-spoiled, overpaid, children dressing up as adults act?
Yes.
Kobe Bryant can suck it. He didn't like a call, didn't like a getting his fourth foul, so the ref is a 'fag'.

Here's what the Human Rights Commission had to say:
"What a disgrace for Kobe Bryant to use such horribly offensive and distasteful language, especially when millions of people are watching. Hopefully Mr. Bryant will recognize that as a person with such fame and influence, the use of such language not only offends millions of LGBT [lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender] people around the world, but also perpetuates a culture of discrimination and hate that all of us, most notably Mr. Bryant, should be working to eradicate."

Here's what Kobe had to say, not publicly, but in a statement his 'people' probably made him release:
“What I said last night should not be taken literally. My actions were out of frustration during the heat of the game, period. The words expressed do NOT reflect my feelings towards the gay and lesbian communities and were NOT meant to offend anyone.”

Here's what NBA Commissioner David Stern had to say:
“Kobe Bryant’s comment during last night’s game was offensive and inexcusable. While I’m fully aware that basketball is an emotional game, such a distasteful term should never be tolerated. Accordingly, I have fined Kobe $100,000. Kobe and everyone associated with the NBA know that insensitive or derogatory comments are not acceptable and have no place in our game or society.”

Here's what Ben Cohen had to say:
“It is disappointing to see this. As a professional athlete and rugby World Cup champion, I understand the heat and passion of competition at the highest levels. But we must all remember that strong bodies must be balanced with strong characters, and work toward that end. Our positions as role models demand it.”

Here's what I have to say:
"Grow up, Kobe. Using the word 'fag' in a derogatory sense is not okay. And apologizing IF you offended someone? How about saying 'I'm sorry I offended anyone. I'm sorry I can't pick my words better. I'm sorry I acted like a petulant child and began name-calling because I was upset.'
How about being a man and acting like a man, and a human being?  How about understanding that children, and adults, look up to you, and admire you and choose, at times, to emulate you, even when you act the fool?
Failing that, how about shutting the fuck up.
Sorry if I offended you."

3 comments:

  1. Love this! What a jackass. x(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Glad that the NBA commissioner spoke out and fined him. Zero tolerance.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......