Friday, April 01, 2011

I Didn't Say It......

Matt Damon, on his kissing scenes with Michael Douglas in the upcoming Liberace movie:
"I never thought I would get to kiss Michael Douglas. I kind of think of it in algebra terms, back to my high-school days. It's like the transitive property - by kissing Michael Douglas, I am making out with Catherine. I was actually kind of upset that I never got to kiss Catherine. But now I get to kiss Michael. I thought it would have been better if I could have at least kissed them both."
I battle with this because the idea of kissing Michael Douglas or his granddaughter, CZJ, appals me.
Kissing Matt Damon on the other hand.....
Or, well, you knew I'd go there, %&^$ing Matt Damon.

Chris Hemsworth, on bulking up to play Thor:
"I got the part and immediately started looking at the comic books, and the guy is 500 pounds or something and looks like Schwarzenegger. And I thought, ‘OK, I’m not gonna get to that.’ But I have to get bigger...I came back before we started the movie and had a final camera test and I put the costume on and within a couple of minutes my hands started going numb...it doesn't fit."
Oh, Chris, you never, ever, have to go Schwarzenegger.
You're a couple of perfect handfuls just the way you are.

_____, trampling that Birther nonsense further into the ground: 
"Hey look, you have no doctors that remember. You have no nurses — this is the president of the United States! — that remember. That ad that was placed in the Houston paper — that was placed in the paper days after he was born. So he could have come into the country. You know what I get a kick out of? The governor of Hawaii says, 'Oh, I remember when Obama was born.' I doubt it! I think this guy should be investigated. He remembers when Obama was born? Give me a break! He’s just trying to do something for his party."
Hey Donald, you pandering fuckwad, um, remember, he wasn't the president on the day he was born; he was just another kid being born. In Hawaii. In America.
You'd think someone with all that money could hire some people to beat the stupid out of him.
And could get a good haircut, too.

Haley Barbour, on reinstating DADT if he's elected president--excuse me while I giggle at the idea that Haley Barbour thinks he has any chance of being president:
"Let's look at the best evidence that we have. They did research to see what military people thought about this idea. The closest to the ground, the soldier on the ground, was the most opposed to this. And it's not necessarily over homosexuality. Its over the fact that when you're under fire and people are living and dying of split-second decisions you don't need any kind of amorous mindset that can affect saving people's lives and killing bad guys. You look at the data and it is the foot-soldier that is the person who is out there, boots on the ground, who was most against this. And it's because they live or die with this and that's who we ought to be listening to, that's who we ought to be caring about and that's why I am against it. I think it ought to be rolled back. I just don't see how you can take any other position if the person you are trying to protect is the soldier who is actually in combat."
So, um, Haley, let me get this queer.
Two soldiers, one gay, one straight, are side-by-side in a gun battle with some enemy, and you think the straight guy is going to be upset that the gay guy might hit on him at that moment?
And you think a gay guy would think, 'Hmmm, let me set my rifle down and see if he wants to go for a cappuchino'?

Duff McKagen, ex-Guns N' Roses bassist, on the "road gay":
"You're away from your wife and whatever, and I don't fuck around – but there are no women on the bus. All of a sudden, well, your bass player's got long black hair, he's wearing his little sister's pants, and out of the corner of your eye he looks like a hot chick. We call it 'road gay'. We don't actually act on it…"
Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Duff.
And while you might not 'act' on it, there is probably a line for that little toilet on the bus, with all the guys grabbing ointments and tissues and spending a few minutes to long in there thinking about that rocker's ass.
Spanking little duff, you know.

Victoria Jackson, on homosexuality:
"Driving to the Atlanta airport, I thought about G, my lifelong college friend from Auburn. He drove with me cross country in my 1980 beat-up Toyota Starlet when I went to Hollywood to be an actress. He was the only person who believed in me. He knows all of my sins. I know a few of his. I always tell him I don't believe he is 'gay' – we went on a date once and even kissed. We wrote a screenplay together. He loves drama. I can picture him now laughing, 'Victoria, what are you doing?! Your career! You'll never work again in Hollywood! Oh, but Hollywood loves a scandal!' And, then the twinkle in his eye. I can see my best friend A, who I also tell is not 'gay,' saying in his British accent, 'Victoria, my shiny, shiny friend! I still love you!' and then the big hug!"
Oh, Victoria, a gay guy kissed you so he's not gay? Honey, he kissed you because he thought you were such a fruit loop that you'd never get kissed. It's the Pity Kiss From The Gay BFF.
And, as for your career, all you ever did was stand on your head and read moronic poems, or play the dumb bimbo, and.....oh, yeah, you're still doing that.
Quite a 'career'.

Victoria Jackson, on gay roles in Hollywood:
"Actors play murderers, robbers and gossips, but the gay lifestyle is always glorified. The other sins always seem to be punished or redeemed, but TV shows never show the downside to homosexuality: the loneliness, shame, broken families and marriages, diseases. The shame does not come from 'society' but from God. So, even if the gays get everyone in the world to accept their behavior as "normal," there will still be shame, because it goes against God. Unless sin numbs their soul and their heart turns to stone, they will hear the still, small voice of God saying, 'I have a better way.' I was asked to do a lesbian kiss in a show once, and I said no. But, I'm guilty of being part of a few movies that may have been a bad influence on young people. I'm very sorry to anyone I led away from God."
The gay lifestyle glorified?
What movies are you watching? Brokeback Mountain glorified the 'gay lifestyle'? One guy ended up alone and in the closet and the other ended up dead.
And for you to compare gay characters to murderers and robbers, as though they are the same, is just further evidence of your ignorance, bigotry, intolerance, stupidity, and utter lack of Christ-like behavior.
You're over, Victoria. Way over.

Mama Grizzly Bore™, on Bill Maher calling her a dumb twat:
"I'm through whining about a liberal press that holds particularly conservative women to a different standard, because it doesn't do any good to whine about it. Nobody ever promised life was going to be fair. And politics really isn't fair, the scrutiny, the double standards, and all that. I'm dealing with it I guess in a different way than others who want to bring more light to it and demand that Bill Maher apologize."
Oh, poor Sarah.
She can bash anyone she wants and all's fair, but anyone bashes her and it's poor me.
Narcissistic victim.
I cannot wait until she bombs big time in 2012. Maybe she'll go away for good.
Dumb twat. 

Leonard Pitts
Pulitzer Prize winning columnist, on the increased support for marriage equality:
"We are gathered here today to look a gift horse in the mouth. It seems a majority of the American people now favor allowing gay men and lesbians to wed. That majority, according to a Washington Post survey released last week, is slender, just 51 percent. But even at that, it represents a significant increase from just five years ago, when only 36 percent of Americans approved....But lurking at the edge of celebration there is, for me, at least, a nagging, impatient vexation. That vexation is based in what is arguably an esoteric question: In extolling the fact that the majority now approves same-sex marriage, do we not also tacitly accept the notion that the majority has the right to judge?....That’s the pebble in the shoe, the popcorn hull between the teeth, that nags at the conscience when one reads polls tracking how many of us approve of other people’s lives and decisions. It’s all well and good that 51 percent of us support the right of gay men and lesbians to tell it to the judge, but really, what hubris makes us think we have a right to say yea or nay in the first place?"
Well said.
We bitch and moan about the majority denying us the rights to marry, a la California and Prop H8, but then we also celebrate when the majority view shifts to something more favorable about us.
The majority shouldn't decide equality, whether for it or against it.
Equality should just be.

Trent Franks
Republican wingnut from Arizona, on Barack Obama:
"For the first time in my life, when Barack Obama became elected, for the first time in my life, I am actually afraid that America may diminish to a point where it's just unrecognizable. Not just on the economic front, but where he puts people on the Supreme Court that have no fealty or loyalty to the Constitution and weakening our country to the extent that we may see nuclear terrorism, not in our childrens' generation, but in ours, in the near future. And any one of those could destabilize our country to the extent that it would not be the great beacon of freedom for the planet."
America won't be diminished, Trent.
It just won't be the America you want, where the rich get richer and the poor, and the middle class, get pushed aside, where big business is in government, where one religion towers over the rest.
That America, the one that you tout, will never come to be.

Ed Kennedy, at AfterElton, on the Chris Brown and GMA incident:
"Let me get this straight: Adam Lambert snogs a dude on the American Music Awards, and spends months banned from ABC shows like Good Morning America and The View. Chris Brown breaks a window and storms out of Good Morning America when he’s asked about his felony assault of Rihanna, and he’s still welcome to perform on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars. So male-male kissing is worse than violence. Thanks for clearing that up ABC."
Does seem to be a double standard, doesn't it.

6 comments:

  1. Ed Kennedy - good point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, which is it, Trump? You don't believe it when no one remembers his birth, or you don't believe it when someone does? You can't have it both ways. MORON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt- wonderful. Gotta love him.
    Thor - cartoon exaggerations not needed. Stay beautiful, don't become a characature.
    Trump - idiotic loud mouth. What else is new? You're fired, Donald!
    Barbour - racist idiot. Why do all the old ugly trolls think every gay man wants them?
    Duff - love the hair, and probably the pants, too. But "road gay" as a term you "don't" act on. Hard to swallow. Pun intended.
    Victoria - Victoria who?
    SOW - dumb twat? If the moniker fits....
    Leonard - good point. Majorities shouldn't make decisions for anyone. So what if it is a majority? If a 1000 people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    Franks - Arizona. Need I say more? Wow.
    Ed - What a cutie. I like the way he thinks. Great point.

    Bob - wonderful commentary as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob, your comments on Matt and those on V.J. are priceless.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria Jackson does not even look like Victoria Jackson anymore. She's the blob that swallowed Victoria Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flamenco Tanka....
    Shirtless Matt-adore,
    Whirl your bike helmet-for-bull,
    Twirl your red silk shirt,
    Pool-side by moonlight, ballet,
    Lee key-dance Malaguena !

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......