Sunday, January 04, 2009

Sunday Lazy Sunday


Well, we were going to the movies today. I wanted to see Milk, want to see Milk, but we'll put it off for this weekend. Side note: Carlos, whom I sometimes refer to as the absent-minded professor because he never remembers anything I say, and everyone knows that everything I say is memorable, looks at me and, with a sneer, Milk? What's that? I tell him it's about Harvey Milk. Who? One of the first openly gay.......blah blah blah.

Well, we were going to see Milk, but we realized we had to take down the outdoor lights before people start calling us rednecks. See, up here, or down here, depending on where you're reading this from, rednecks leave their lights up, and many times on, for the whole year. But I cannot do that, no matter how easy it might be. Or how lazy I am.

So, it was get out the ladder and climb the house and take down the lights and roll up the strings and put them in the boxes and bring in the ladder and put the boxes at the top of the garage and put the ladder back. Then we thought about the movie. But before we could check start times I looked around the living room, and the sunroom, and the kitchen. What a dump, as Elizabeth Taylor aka Martha aka Bette Davis said in Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf. What a dump!

So we are skipping the movie and doing some new year deep cleaning. Windows and walls and floors and pictures and furniture and dog beds and cat blankets and counter and sinks and and and and

I'll need a rest soon. So, I'll curl up with a book and a cat or two and take the rest of the day off. 

It's four days in and I'm tired already. What the.......?

But before I get back to scrubbing and vacuuming and so on, on the CBS Sunday Morning this morning, they were asking the question about what people would like to see make a return this year.

I said Good Manners.

Others said Black-and-White movies.

More talking less texting.

What would you like to see come back?

4 comments:

  1. oh, black and white movies would be great!!! with fatastic wardrobes and sets....and the music!!!

    common sense would be nice. Just plain old common sense.

    and how about eating dinner together? I love that!!! WITHOUT the tv on....

    I too, wanna see Milk. But I saw Seven Pounds and it. was. good!!! mmmmm will smith. YUM!!!

    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was growing up the family always had dinner together, with no TV.
    Now when I talk to friends who have kids and they talk about separate meals and eating in front of the television, it makes me kind of sad. I loved those times with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO SEE MILK - YOU'LL LOVE IT! (Sorry for yelling.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family ate dinner together and it was such a good time. I think it makes a difference. I'd like to see good manners return, too.

    Milk is on my list to see.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......