Saturday, January 03, 2009

Bugged Again


A few more things that bug me:

Karl Lagerfeld is defending the use of fur by designers, saying that if we didn't kill the animals they would kill us. Oh if I had a nickel for every time I've been chased down a dark alley by a knife-wielding chinchilla. And don't get me started on minks. One tried to run me down as I crossed the street one day.
I joke, because I can, and because Lagerfeld sounds like an idiot.
Especially when he goes on to say that he doesn't eat meat because of what it looks like. Um, what is that Karl? The innards, the flesh of a dead animal is appalling, but skinning it for a hat is acceptable.
Be gone Karl Lagerfeld, before someone drops a house on you.
____________________________

People who lack simple common sense; and there are a lot of you out there. I won't point fingers, but you over there, in the suit, yeah, you. Listen up.
Why don't people think? It doesn't require that much time or energy, and in these days of economic insecurity, thinking is free. Free? Yes, free.
I worked with a guy up until about a week ago, when he walked out on his job because he didn't feel respected by the boss. Did he speak to the boss about his suspicions? Gosh, no. That would require thought and common sense. Instead, he stomped around and said Eff this and Eff that. Eff, as we all know means, well, I won't say it here, because I'm a gentleman.
Of course, a few days after his employment-ending tantrum, he realized he did not have a job, and he has a child to support. Oops, forgot about la nina when you were fuming?
Common sense.
Common.
Sense.
Fucking idiot. There, I said it.
____________________________

People who have pets and then treat them like garbage. When Carlos worked at the animal hospital, they had a dog for adoption. Since all we have is the pocket-dog Ozzo, we decided to go look at this dog.
Well, this dog had been abused, obviously by some man.....some redneck, Bible-thumping, Bud Light-swilling, cousin-marrying, Confederate flag-waving, pick up-driving, gun-toting, toothless hillbilly of a man. Who apparently beat the dog because the poor animal was terrified of men and garden hoses and cages. Doesn't take a rocket-scientist to realize what happened to that poor animal.
I sat on the ground and this sweet dog would come close, and then turn tail and run. But before he ran, he'd have this look in his eyes that said, I so want to come over to you and let you pet me, but I think you'll beat me. I want to love you. I want to be your dog. But you might hurt me.
Yeah, dog's eyes are very expressive.
So, we had to give up on that poor pup. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you want animals, treat 'em right, you fool.
And if you can't treat 'em right, DON'T GET THEM!
____________________________

Those idiots at FoxNews who either can't read, are too stupid to do so, or are simply a basket-full of racist pigs, because they let this crawl across the bottom of the screen on New Year's Eve:

If you miss it, it says: Happy New Year and let's hope the Magic Negro does a good job. Love Jen and John C.
Dear Jen and John C, Please refer to the entry above about common sense. And see about getting some. As I said, IT'S FREE!
__________________________

Half of the Roman Catholic adoption agencies who warned they would close rather than allow same-sex couples to adopt will now abide by the law. The agencies were given an 21-month exemption from the anti-discrimination laws, which came into effect in 2007, but that expired on 1 January. They said the law, which makes it illegal to discriminate against gay applicants, went against their beliefs. Five of the 11 agencies will now comply with the rules, while one is to close.
The BBC's religious affairs correspondent Robert Pigott said the Roman Catholic church denounced the regulations, claiming the rights of one group - gay people - were being placed above those of another - Christians. Mike Judge from the Christian Institute said agencies were being forced to turn their back on their faith.
Catholic Caring Services - one of the agencies which has decided to comply with the regulations - has been disowned by the Bishop of Lancaster Patrick O'Donoghue, a fierce opponent of the new laws. He has said the Preston-based charity would no longer be able to promote the Church's "moral teaching that a marital setting is better for children rather than being placed with a same-sex couple".
Another two of the agencies are seeking exemption from the law by having themselves registered as charities explicitly serving heterosexual and single people.
The position of the remaining three agencies is not known.


You gotta love the Catholic Church. First they believe that gay rights is as destructive to the planet as the loss of the rain forests, and now, in the spirit of love, they seek to deny children, many of whom are special-needs children, the rights to have a parent, or parents, simply because of sexual orientation. Yes, Catholic Church, lets keep the orphanages full of children rather than giving them a home, and structure and love.


Okay........I think I'm done for the day.

3 comments:

  1. oh precious one...I need you to break these up into posts so I can feedback on each and not try to remember it all.You are sensitive and have a lot to share but I am not as adept as my kids at switching between screens( when they don't want to get caught on taboo sites).

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fur thing bothers me...yes, I agree. the hypocrisy doesn't seem to be about common sense...it's about stupidity...lol. the common sense is, why do these idiots put themselves out there in the first place? They MUST know that success doesn't transfer to intelligence. It's a friggiin accident we'd all like to hit. Fame and celeb status is not a PHd in anything.
    I guess I'm not surprised at the Church attitude but I am disturbed at hypocrisy once again. What I don't get is that straights had the kids, and straights think they'd fare better in non existent straight homes who don't want damaged goods created by straights. After all, look at all the gays they adopted into the clergy? They may not have been orphaned, but they would have been disenfranchised had they gone into regular lives. Just a different category which the Church is so good about fanagling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get on a tear I just have to let it out, or my head explodes.
    So the rants will continue on as a gathered emotion, a bundle, if you will, of nitpicks and fingernails on chalkboards.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......