Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Greetings from Smallville


Well, the weatherman said it would happen, but I tend to think most weather 'people' are idiots, so I'm eating my words this morning.
Snow came to Smallville during the night, and it's still snowing now. Makes the house look so wintry and pretty. We haven't had snow stick to the ground for longer than a minute since we moved here so this is lovely. Of course, being Smallville, and under a quarter inch of snow EVERYTHING IS CLOSED!
Ah well, snuggle in next to a fire and watch the inauguration and the beginning of a great new era for America.
Yes We Can.
Yes We Did.
Yes We Are.

9 comments:

  1. So did we! I recorded the dog out in it this morning. I hope to post it today. I'm so tickled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it sure makes everything look purty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking of you as I chip ice off my car...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, sorry Frogponder, it's just that snow is so rare for us; and it makes everything so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice house...looks like rooms big enough to "bound" through. or twirl...or dance, or do point, or clean endlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the above Charlie, all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your house.

    Snow that sticks is a big deal in SC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Joy.
    We looked at lots of houses before we found this one--and as I said the choice of paint and lighting was sinful--but it felt like home the minute we saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything's closed? For THAT little bit of snow? LOL!!! Pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......