Monday, January 05, 2009

Just Another Survey.......


I got this over at Voenix Rising:

Have you had alcohol this past week? Does a Bobarita--Cuervo Gold, Grand Marnier, Lime Juice, Chilled, Shaken, Served straight up count. Of course it does.
Could you cry right now? Not right now.
What were you doing this morning at 7am? Eating Shredded Wheat and Bananas in Soy Milk, and listening to the Today show.
What do you need to be doing right now? Taking a shower.
Is there anything silver near you? A ring . a watch, a desk lamp.
What were you doing at 1 AM this morning? Dreaming...and then knocking cats off the bed.
Song playing right now? Jennifer Hudson 'Pocketbook'
What does your last text message in your inbox say? Yeah, um, I don't text.
Where were you Friday night? Working....sigh.....
Has anyone ever mistaken you for someone else? Years ago, I got Dan Ackroyd, when we were both thinner; now I get someone's teacher, or a bartender at Chili's. WHAT?
Next vacation you’ re going on? I do not know, but I'd love it to be New York.
Do you like to text or call more? Since I don't text, I guess call is the answer.
What’s the closest blue object to you? The glass shades on the desk lamp.
Could you forgive your best friend for sleeping with your bf/gf? I don't think so. Trust is real important to me.
Do you like the color orange? I'm thinking of using it to paint the entry hall, so, um, yes?
Sometimes, do you wish you were someone else? There are times when I am someone else.
What is the weather like today? Spotty clouds and a sweet breeze.
Who did you last talk to on the phone? Carlos. He's at work and called to say he's leaving early so we can meet friends for dinner.
Where will you be in a hour? Probably taking the shower I should be taking now.
When was the last time you danced with a boy/girl? Carlos, this morning. It was dancing or some kind of foolish game, I don't know.
How late did you stay up last night and why? I was in bed just after Brothers & Sisters.
Whose bed did you sleep in last night? My own.
Have you held hands with anyone in the past week? Of course.
What are you doing tomorrow? The never-ending yard work.
Have you ever lost a friend? Yes.
Ever go camping? Once. I hated it. No Room Service? WTF!!
Are you someone’s best friend? I hope so.
When is your birthday? January 27....why do you ask?
Have you ever tried an ice cream spider? It doesn't even sound good, so.....No......No.
Do you get jealous easily? Not easily, but I have been known to be jealous.
Is your mom within a meter radius of you? My Mother passed away nearly two years ago, so I'd have to say, she is always around me.
What is bothering you right now? Not much actually. I'm feeling content right now.
Who was the last person to play with your hair and when? Well, if I don't count myself, then I'd say it was Carlos, or a cat.
I bet you’re missing someone right now? I'm missing Judge Judy because I'm still on this questionnaire!
Is there a high chance of you going out to the movies soon? Of course! I love going to the movies.
Ever had a near death experience? No, I haven't.
Who was your last message to? Probably work. I don't like to talk to them personally so I always leave a message.
Do you have anyone who you consider a brother or sister but they aren’t? My friend Laura is like a sister to me.
It’s Friday at noon, where are you usually? Home, having lunch.
Do you have to sleep with something? Socks. The feets gets colds.
What are your plans for today? Dinner with the friends I mentioned somewhere up there.
When was the last time you were up all night? Eons ago, eons.
Are you wearing make-up? Um, I'm going to say No.....Yeah.....No.
Do you have any sisters? One.
Are any of your friends taller than you? I don't think so; as tall maybe. Taller? No.
_________________________
Plus, Alexander who writes at Voenix Rising gave reprinted this wonderful idea:

This is a great idea that every one of us can use every day to open the eyes of people that don’t understand our struggle. This is a call for the GLBT community and its allies to stop recognizing marriage until marriage is recognized for all. The original concept appeared on The Devil’s Advocate, and was written by Tom Ackerman. Here is the text:

I no longer recognize marriage. It’s a new thing I’m trying.
Turns out it’s fun.

Yesterday I called a woman’s spouse her boyfriend.
She says, correcting me, “He’s my husband,”“Oh,” I say, “I no longer recognize marriage.”

The impact is obvious. I tried it on a man who has been in a relationship for years,
“How’s your longtime companion, Jill?”
“She’s my wife!”
“Yeah, well, my beliefs don’t recognize marriage.”

Fun. And instant, eyebrow-raising recognition. Suddenly the majority gets to feel what the minority feels. In a moment they feel what it’s like to have their relationship downgraded, and to have a much taken-for-granted right called into question because of another’s beliefs.
Just replace the words husband, wife, spouse, or fiance with boyfriend, girlfriend, special friend, or longtime companion. There is a reason we needed stronger words for more serious relationships. We know it; now they can see it.

5 comments:

  1. I like that concept. It could make a difference. Let's hope!

    Some interesting answers to those questions. Thanks for helping us get to know you better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this concept too...I love to buck the system! I think I will try this out tonight at the basketball game.

    and the ???...I love getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using terms like 'long time partner' and 'boyfriend' when referring to straight people! I imagine it is quite effective, so I'm going to try to get the nerve to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "roommate" would work, too .... Ellen said that at the People's Choice Awards very pointedly referring to Portia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, poor Ellen and Portia might become roommates again if the H8ers get their wish.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......