Friday, December 09, 2011

Mayor Janice Daniels Is A Moron

I think we file this under: Get Offa The Internet.
Troy Michigan's newly-elected mayor, Tea Party windbag, Janice Daniels, is on the defensive for posting what many are calling a gay slur on her Facebook page.
Keep in mind,t his is a politician, and a grown-assed woman.
In that post, from June 25, Daniels said: "I think I am going to throw away my I Love New York carrying bag now that queers can get married there." 
She posted this idiocy a day after New York legislators voted to allow gay marriage in the state.
Gay rights leaders in Michigan said Daniels' words amounted to hate speech, though i tend to think it's more stupid speech, more idiot speech, more neanderthal speech. Denise Brogan-Kator, executive director of Equality Michigan, went on her own Facebook page to say: "I find it discouraging that a leader of people can have such disregard for the lives of people she serves."
Brogan-Kator, in a phone interview, did acknowledge that Janice Daniels was not yet mayor when she went all idiot on Facebook, and also admitted that some gay people use the word as a way "to reclaim a word that has historically been used to hurt us [but] clearly, from the context, this is not what Mayor Daniels intended."
Daniels, who first began defending her use of the slur as a First Amendment right--and it is Free Speech.....stupid free speech--has now come out saying it  "may not have been the most appropriate language."
Then the non-apology but"But I was not even considering running for mayor at that time. I was speaking for myself. It's my personal belief that marriage is between one man and one woman. I love people, but I want to acknowledge my First Amendment right to speak freely. I know that as mayor, I represent all of the people in this city."
No, Janice, you don't. You don't represent the queers--see, I can say that word, being a queer myself, and taking it back from your hate-filled mouth--because you don't believe in equality. And you don't see that when you speak without using that molecule of a brain of yours, that some people might take your idiocy to heart. Some kid might bully another kid because the mayor of Troy called 'em queers.
Think before you speak, Janice, if you can.
Failing that, get your illiterate, knuckle-dragging, backwoods, homophobic, narrow-minded, ass off Facebook.


source

4 comments:

  1. throw a pie in her face

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:31 PM

    PREACH IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:51 PM

    Yes a pie in the face would have to be the requisite fruit pie of course!And I'm even volunteering to throw it.

    But here's to hoping the Tea Baggers suffer a crushing defeat in the next election cycle.

    Because it has become painfully obvious that they are some of the more unbalanced and mentally unstable people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:18 PM

    She may still be mayor but the Royal Oak office of Century 21 Town & Country real estate company she worked for fired her ass!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......