Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Architecture Wednesday: American Horror Story

It's an L.A. Historic Cultural Monument.
It's the Alfred F. Rosenheim Mansion, a 
six-bedroom, five-bathroom, irreplaceable masterpiece comprised of a 3-story main house, plus a grand ballroom that was formerly a chapel. 
There are Tiffany stained glass windows and leaded glass display cases, and original Tiffany light fixtures. Other features are the rich wood paneling, wood floors, six vintage fireplaces, beamed ceilings, a large solarium, and a formal dining room with antique gold- and silver-leaf hand-painted ceilings in 15,000 square feet of living, and dying, space.
Just don't go into the basement.
Or the upstairs bathroom.
Or the attic.
Or the master bedroom.
See, this house, although not a real horror house, is famous for being the house in which "American Horror Story" is set. So, while it really hasn't seen nearly a century of gruesome murders, it does play that on TV.

But, it just might come with a naked Dylan McDermott, Zachary Qunto, and with a batty Jessica Lange as a neighbor.
That might make all the bumps in the night worthwhile.


source

8 comments:

  1. I've yet to watch that show. Is it that good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live just a mile away, I'm going to see it this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even without knowing that's the Horror house, it still looks kinda creepy to me! I'm not quite sure why, but it gives me the willies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house is gorgeous.
    Love the show. The house is a character in the show as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This house is fabulous! And I would definitely take it if it comes with the ghosts of Zachary Quinto and Teddy Sears!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:09 AM

    I love how this house looks but it's in LA and a brick house wouldn't stand a chance if a major quake struck near it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I almost did a post on the house myself as I love the show!!! Love the house too. Move in in a minute if there are promises I'd be man handled by the gay couple Chad and Pat, and Dr Ben!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......