Friday, November 18, 2011

I Didn't Say It........

Bradley Cooper, on being named People's Sexiest Man Alive:

“I think it’s really cool that a guy who doesn’t look like a model can have this [title]… I think I’m a decent-looking guy. Sometimes I can look great, and other times I look horrifying.....If you're a single man and you happen to be in this business," he says, "you're deemed a player. But I don't see myself as a ladies' man."


Um, Brad? May I Call you Brad? or just stick with Hottie McHottie?
If you don't consider yourself a ladies man do you, um, consider yourself a man's man.
Careful how you answer, because I have a proposition for you.


Lil B, rapper, hoping to raise HIV awareness:

“A lot of guys think it’s cool to have sex with a lot of women. I’m not having sex with all these women. I lie about it a lot; I lie about having sex with 40 girls. I’m not doing that, and I want people to know, if you are doing that, you are at high risk of getting AIDS or other STDs and you need to make sure you get tested. This is me paying back to the world and just being truthful, honest, and doing something that I feel is right.”


You all know how I'm into gangsta rap, right?
Sorry, just had to.
I don't know Lil B, and have actually never heard of Lil B. But I do know the sort of image that many rappers portray and it's nice to see someone stand up for responsibility.
HIV and AIDS are gay diseases.
STDs aren't just for the promiscuous.


Lea Michele, on her unconventional looks:

“Have I been asked to change anything? Uh-huh. Uh-huh. When I was 15, my mother and I went to meet a manager who said, ‘You have to get a nose job in order for me to work with you.’ My mother would say to me, ‘Barbra Streisand never got a nose job. You’re not getting a nose job.’ And this was before I really even knew who Barbra was. I just knew that she was, like, the messiah for girls like me.”


As it should be.
I mean, look at some of those old movie stars. Many of them looked alike and fit a certain mold. Then Streisand came along and busted the mold.
It was a good thing.


William B. May, head of Catholics For The Common Good [of Catholics Only] on marriage equality:

"It was disgusting to see adults trivialize marriage by bickering about benefits for gay couples while the rights and interests of children in the marriage of their mothers and fathers were being thrown under the bus. Children have a right to know and be cared for by their mothers and fathers, and government has an obligation to promote the recognition of that right by encouraging men and women to marry before having children. But 'marriage equality' says it should be discriminatory to promote marriage between a man and a woman as having any unique value or benefit for children and society. That is a lie."


Gay folks don't want to do anything to hetero marriage. Hetero marriage, in fact, produced the LGBT community, so why would we work against it.
We just want the right to marry, and to have children, and prove that children needs loving parents, parents, of either gender or combination thereof, or a single loving parent.
Children need to be parented.


Herman Cain, effectively ending his run for president by saying he'd take the VP slot--for anyone but Mittsy--though he says what he really wants to do is dance, er, be Secretary of Defense:

"It depends upon who's asking and the conditions in which they would like for me to do it. First, I would want to know clearly what my role would be. Secondly, if we are ideologically and idea-wise so far apart, I couldn't do that, because I believe the vice president should be a spokesperson for the president."


So, you're running for president, and you keep saying you'll be elected president, but now you're saying you'll take some other job.
Yeah, that's presidential.


Mark Driscoll, "pastor" of Seattle's Mars Hill Church, "who says masturbation is gay, that yoga is the Devil's handiwork, and now says he wants to create a "muscular Christianity" which demands that young men assault one another to prove their faith:

"Jesus said both to turn the other cheek and to bring a sword to defend oneself. So let’s not simply quote one thing he said as if it were the only thing he said. Furthermore, quoting Bible verses against assault or persecution is not appropriate in regards to MMA, because such verses do not refer to a regulated sporting competition governed by rules where two athletes of similar size and skill agree to a competition. It would be akin to telling a Christian hockey player they could never check anyone into the boards, or a soldier at war or police officer in a crisis to turn the other cheek. Good verse, wrong application."


So, masturbation makes you gay.
Yoga is akin to Devil worship.
Now you want beefy hot Christians to prove their faith by doing battle.
God is not happy with you Mark. She wants you to zip it.


Diane Feinstein, acknowledging the temporary end of the campaign to repeal DOMA:

"Virtually any advance in civil rights or any kind of rights has been carried by the Democratic Party. It’s just a fact. So, we’ll just march on. We’ll continue this. And if I have to reintroduce it next session, I’ll reintroduce it. Session after that, I’ll reintroduce it."


It's all a process.
Nothing happens overnight.
We need to stick together and stand together.
But it will get done.


Jennifer WeissNorth Carolina Democratic representative, on the Republicans who are supporting North Carolina's proposed anti-gay marriage amendment:

“The bottom line is…there’s a special place in hell for [these] people. It’s bad enough to believe in something and pursue something because you think you’re on the side of good or though you might be misguided but you are following your conscience, but when you think something is wrong and you vote for it out of political expediency, that’s even worse in my book and we saw that here.”


If all politicians followed the 'party line' then nothing gets done.
We need our politicians to vote the law, not their religion or their conscience.


Brad Pitt, clarifying his earlier statement that he would retire from acting when he's fifty [in three :::gasp::: years] and then talking about aging:

“I wasn’t actually putting an exact deadline on my expiration date, but I see it coming. I just have other interests and I do quite enjoy the production side....Me, personally I like aging. With age comes wisdom and I have said it before and I say it again, I will take wisdom over youth any day. I think certainly, being a father has changed everything for me as far as perspective and interest, taking care of myself and wanting to be around for them.”


There is so much I could say about this, like, it's nice to have such a strong sense of self and of growing older, and of adapting to changes in life.
But all I keep thinking is, 'Brad Pitt will be fifty soon!!??'


Herman Cain, again, on how we can't strike against Iran, cuz they gots mountains:

"If you look at the topography of Iran, where are you going to strike? It’s very mountainous. That’s what makes it very difficult. Secondly, that would be a decision that would need to be coordinated and discussed with our friends in that part of the world like Israel. But for the United States to unilaterally go in and attack Iran to try and stop them, I would want to consult with the intelligence community, the commanders on the ground in that part of the world, which I have stated before. But we should — I don’t have all the information necessary to make that decision."


I wonder if he knows the topography of Izzy-izzy-becky-becky-stan-stan?
Cuz, I think it's flat, so we should go to war there.


Maggie Gallagher, lying, and playing the victim:

"It's becoming increasingly clear that the gay rights movement, the gay marriage movement, really does believe you're like a racist if you think marriage is the union of husband and wife. They want to rip Genesis out of our Bibles."


Maggie, you effing liar.
I don't think you;re a racist if you believe in one-man-one-woman marriage.
i simply believe you're wrong.
And, as for that whole Bible thing, perhaps you should actually read all of it, not just the parts that suit your dimwitted worldview, and see how marriage has evolved there.
Learn something, or STFU.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Another great Friday post! You ROCK!

    “We need our politicians to vote the law, not their religion or their conscience” is the wisest thing that anyone can say in politics today. It's too bad that we don't elect people that understand this.

    No, Maggie Gallagher, we don't want to rip Genesis out of your Bibles, we want to rip your Bibles out of our government! She makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:08 AM

    That's the first pic I've seen where Maggie Gallagher has a defined neck and chin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something just struck me while reading about Idiot May. I keep running across this 'thought' from the right over and over,

    "Children have a right to know and be cared for by their mothers and fathers"

    Could it be the right is wording it this way on purpose, to make people feel on some level that voting for marriage equality could in some undefined way cause them to lose their children?

    Maybe we should work on marriage equality from a different tatic? We need to point out clear and simply that voting for lgbt civil rights will have zero impact upon their family, wont make their churches marry lgbt folks. We might think about dumbing down our message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:13 PM

    BC's modesty, real or false, is part of what makes him so sexy. Also, RG is too young to be THe sexiest man - almost all of the past title holders have been closer to or over 40 than 30.

    For the record, Brad is still and will always be my man - he's the complete package: looks, brains, personality and is a compassionate human being who uses his fame and money to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more the Repug candidates talk the better it looks for Obama!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......