Friday, November 25, 2011

I Didn't Say It........

Paul Rudnick, playwright, on remaining unmarried after 18 years with his partner despite "feeling the New York nudge:
""Gays are beginning to experience what a lot of long-running straight couples go through. A lot of straight people find marriage dull or a government inroad into their private life. I think marriage should be available to everyone, but I don't think it's right for everyone....I'm a little in the Rachel Maddow camp. I'm 100 percent for the legalization of gay marriage, but I'm not so sure I'll take a sip."


Which is just fine.
We should have the right to be legally married and have our unions recognized.
Or......not.


Alex Morse, the new 22-year-old openly gay mayor of Holyoke, Massachusetts, on a CBS News story that failed to mention he was gay:
"It didn't matter to me. I've always been open and honest about my sexuality. CBS News - I don't think they intentionally left it out...It didn't come up. At the end of the day, voters don't care if I'm gay or straight. We had to overcome questions of my age more than questions of my sexuality. I always thought that I would have to overcome my age more so..."

I may be in the minority here, but what difference does it make if he's gay? Sure, some gay folks can feel proud, and young gay kids might feel less afraid, but at the end of the day he wasn't running for Gay Mayor, he was running for mayor.
Had it have been mentioned, that would have been cool; not mentioning it, says, to me at least, that his sexual orientation should play no role in his politics.

Dylan McDermott, on not being bothered that guys hit on him:
"I’ve never been uncomfortable with sexuality. That goes back to my growing up in New York in the ’70s, which was a very sexual time. I was sort of a club kid, and I’d go to places like the Mudd Club and Max’s Kansas City. Being a part of that whole world, sexuality always seemed very normal to me....Honestly, I’m cool with everyone, and people pick up on that. I’d say, 'I’m not gay, but it’s all good.' It’s kind of like going to Paris when you don’t know the language; some Americans get into trouble over there, but I’m just like, 'Sorry, I don’t speak French.'"


Well, good to know, because if I ever meet Mr. McD, I'm gonna hit on him.
And speak French.


Rick Santorum, on how he should be president because he hates fags more than anyone, well, except god:
"If you want to see the contrast, the contrast is there. I'm a solid conservative who fought for the federal marriage amendment as opposed to Mitt Romney, who issued gay marriage licenses and actually violated the constitution of Massachusetts to institute gay marriage in his state. One of the reasons I do talk about the past is because I have the best record in the field."


You gotta give Frothy credit for standing his ground, shaky as it is, douchenozzle-y as it is.
Plus, isn't it fun to poke him, and watch him get all Frothy? Especially knowing that there isn't a chance in hell that he'll ever be elected president. Of anything.



Mike Gronstal, Iowa state Senate Democratic Majority Leader, reiterating his position on fighting for, and maintaining, marriage equality in Iowa:
"People's rights should not be put to a popular vote.  If I can put, if you can put my rights to a popular vote of the people then I can put your rights to a popular vote of the people and eventually, and eventually--well, we didn’t put slavery to a vote of the people in Iowa, we didn't put the right to go to a school in your neighborhood to a vote of the people of Iowa, we didn't put public accommodations law to a vote of the people in Iowa.  The Supreme Court said certain inalienable rights....when you say the Pledge of Allegiance, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all, you don't say for all except for gay people, you don't say that.  That is what this is about and you don't put ... you don't put that up to a vote of the people ..."

I think he says it all in that first sentence.
You cannot let The People vote on the rights of 'other' people because, well, one day, those 'other' people might have all the cards and then may want to vote on your rights.
Equality is equal. That's the only way it works.

Newt Gingrich, serial adulterer, on using children to clean schools:
"You say to somebody, you shouldn’t go to work before you’re what, 14, 16 years of age, fine. You’re totally poor. You’re in a school that is failing with a teacher that is failing...Most of these schools ought to get rid of the unionized janitors, have one master janitor and pay local students to take care of the school. The kids would actually do work, they would have cash, they would have pride in the schools, they’d begin the process of rising.”

Seriously.
How mind-fuckingly dumb is this asshat.
So, take all the janitors jobs away in this economy.
Cut jobs so kids can clean schools and, then what?
Become corporate CEO's to rob from the poor and give to the rich.
Typical GOP back-asswards logic.

6 comments:

  1. There are just so many tubthumpers in this world. http://www.goodasgay.com/2011/11/black-friday-mindless-herd.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The regulations, requirements, laws and such that Newt's idea would have to break are mind boggling. There are a lot of other ways to institute what he is getting at. A lot of it starts with more and more in depth vocational ed which is suffering in this everyone must be college bound atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It’s kind of like going to Paris when you don’t know the language..."

    ...and everyone can understand english if it is just spoken loudly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Alex Morse, the new 22-year-old openly gay mayor of Holyoke, Massachusetts, on a CBS News story that failed to mention he was gay"

    I am so proud of this young man! Holyoke is two cities away from us and it needs new blood! Also, I'd like to think that the day is coming soon where the media doesn't have to tell us if someone if gay because it won't matter anymore!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great that they didn't mention that Alex was gay. We're not reminded of other sexualities. You don't hear, "Newt Gingrich, heterosexual former Speaker of the House who doesn't approve of keeping one wife forever or of marriage equality for all...". You don't hear, "Marcus Bachmann, self-declared hetersexual, but suspiciously closeted homosexual, husband of dominatrix wife and idiotic religious freak, Minnesota Representative and moron, Michelle Bachmann...". You just don't hear that stuff. So Alex should just be Alex Morse, mayor of Holyoke!
    End of story.
    Come to think of it, maybe we should have a bit more epithets! :) What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know how much it would cost to clean all that Santorum out of the White House in 4 years? It's WHITE, for crissakes!

    My word veri is "runfo".... as in "Rick Perry should not runfo president!"

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......