Thursday, November 17, 2011

Random Musings

Santana is rapidly becoming the most interesting character on Glee, though I could watch Darren Criss just dance for an hour every week.


Bill O'Reilly is a loudmouth; A boorish, one-note, bullying loudmouth. So, I just love to see him get shutdown, especially when he's peddling one of the books he "wrote".
I giggled a couple of years back when i read about the soldiers in Afghanistan, who gleefully burned his book, Pinheads and Patriots. Now, to be fair, they didn't burn the book because they disagreed with O'Reilly, they burned it because O'Reilly says he steadfastly supports our troops, and yet instead of sending them things they could use, like, say, food or soap, he sends them copies of his book. How.Useful. [source]
And now, it's Ford's Theatre, not burning, but banning, his latest book, Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination That Changed America Forever. Now, this isn't because O'Reilly is a douchenozzle, it's, as Rae Emerson, deputy superintendent of Ford's Theatre, "because of the lack of documentation and the factual errors within the publication."
Lack of documentation? Not a single footnote in O'Reilly's "history" book.
Factual error? Well, for one, the book talks of the many meetings Lincoln held in the Oval Office, even though the Oval Office did not exist until some 44 years after Lincoln's death.
Factual errors? O'Reilly wrote of generals U.S. Grant and Robert E. Lee, saying, "The two warriors will never meet again" when, in fact, Lee and Grant did meet again, in 1865, to discuss prisoners of war.
Oh, Billy Boy, who's the real pinhead? Um, yeah, it's you, because, if you;'re gonna write about history, you ought to have read about it first. [source]


Lotsa folks are grumbling about Billy Crystal replacing Eddie Murphy as host of the Oscars after Murphy stepped down. They're saying it's like a trip back in time.
I'm saying it's like a trip back to funny, and a really good show.


If the Bill O'Reilly story wasn't enough to make me laugh, this one did the trick.
There is a new building--well, it's a couple of years old--in the Bronx, that was funded by New York's Housing and Development Corporation, and backed by voracious homophobe, bigot, and anti-marriage equality politico, Ruben Diaz.
But, the LGBT community gets the last laugh, because this week Bronx Pride set up shop in what is now called the Ruben Diaz Gardens. A building named after a huge homophobe houses Bronx Pride.
Karma is a bitch, Rube. [source]


Top Chef: Texas.
Chris R. is hot, Beverly is wound too tight, Lindsay is tense, Sarah...I just don't like her...and Hugh Acheson's face is latex.
That's all.


Hermie Cain goin' all Rick Perry: "President Obama called for the removal of (Moammar) Gadhafi - just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing before I say yes I agree, or no I didn't agree. I do not agree with the way he handled it for the following reason - nope, that's a different one....I got to go back and see, I've got all this stuff twirling around in my head."
Like sexual harassment charges?
Oops.

7 comments:

  1. I've let Glee go and I think Billy Crystal will be great

    ReplyDelete
  2. One should use researchers, editors and maybe someone with a history degree...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm constantly amazed at the direction Glee is going. In a million years I never imagined Santanna would be a big story line. For what it's worth I've heard ( loosely) that a character would be sacrificed due to the bullying psa.
    I'm intrigued by her but karofsky story of being deeply closeted keeps me tuning in. I. Love. This. Show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. Billy Crystal??? Why not Jimmy Fallon or Rosie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right about Santana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santana is wonderful. I wholeheartedly agree on that.

    Also, yes, in this case it is still because Bill O'Reilly is a douchenozzle. Printing a book full of factual errors and trying to present them in truth is definitely a form of douchebaggery. He's a douchenozzle because there is a definite trajectory and direction of said douchebaggery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill O says he used to TEACH history! Education's gain = TV audience's loss.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......