Monday, November 21, 2011

Three At Last! Three At Last!! Thanks Blogger Almighty, I'm Three At Last!!!

Who'da thunk it?
Three years ago today I started ISBL.......and I haven't shut up since!
It's been a blast and I want to thank all of you who stop by here every day, to leave a comment. I would also thank you all for your blogs--especially La Grande Duchess of Dust Bunnies, Her Royal Highness, David Dust, who, after visiting his delicious site, inspired me to give this bloggery thing a try--because I find such great stories, pictures, jokes, inspiration, conversations, factoids, and trivia in all your blogiverses.
And so, in honor of this :::cough cough:::: momentous occasion, here is a repeat of that very first thought-provoking, hysterically funny, pensive, erudite, cogent, concise post.....such as it was:

I'm new to this blog thing, but I do love to talk and I do have an opinion--hell I have thousands of opinions--so I guess that's as good a place to start. Let's talk about.........Me!

I am a happily-partnered gay male, and I have been with the love of my life for the last eight years. We met online in an AOL chatroom--no, not THAT kind of chatroom--and became IM friends, and then email friends, and then phone friends and then friends across the country and then I went from California to Miami to meet him, and that was that. A few months later I'd left California and settled in Miami--talk about culture shock!

We stayed in Miami for about six years until Carlos--the aforementioned partner--accepted a job in Smallville, South Carolina, and we loaded up the truck and moved to....well, not Beverly Hills, but Smallville. A small town. A cute town. A town full of nice people who didn't seem at all peeved that the newest arrivals were a couple of mo's from Miami. That's a start, I think. More to come.....I hope.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:13 AM

    Congrats on the blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Bob!!! and here is to many many many more! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-)
    David has been a gateway blog for many of us.
    Happy Bloggy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary to my BlogSon.

    Mama is very proud.

    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary and may there be many, many, more to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:21 PM

    Happy Blogiversary to you! And MANY MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. How Wonderful!
    I really can't believe it has been three years already...

    Here's to more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three more years! Three more years! Three more years!!
    Congrats!! So glad I found yOu!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogiversary, Bob. I wish you many more years of writin' and rilin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 years and aging so well what is your secret!!
    Congrats from your Canadian peeps eh!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogiversary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:43 PM

    Congratulations! Isn't 3 years like 30 in real life?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joyeux Anniversaire du blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:31 PM

    CRISTINA: i AM NOT ONE OF
    YOUR FANS! ! ! !
    JOAN: cristina darhling.....

    carlos: Breakfast is ready
    sweetie pie..... ! !
    Oh behalf of Tallhoula, Consuelo, Ozzo, myself, Max and... er.... that furry narcisit catgut... oh yeah tuxedo.... CONGRATULATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Blogiverary!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......