Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Architecture Wednesday

What is it about Italy that makes me want to move there and buy a villa? perhaps it's my Diane Lane fetish? Perhaps it's my love of rusticity/
Actually, it's the wine.
I love Italian wines, and to be able to drink Italian wines in the garden of my Italian villa while trying to speak Italian, would be lovely.
Like this place.
This beautiful and harmonious home is located in Italy, on heels of Umbria and Tuscany. Casali di Monticchio is a luxury space with its own winter garden, pool, library and billiard room. 
The atmosphere remained antique; rough wooden beams, stone, traditional fireplaces and restored floor give this special feeling of something old and stylish. The furniture is also traditional and of light colors not to distract attention from the antique surroundings but to frame it beautifully. 
Beautiful, peaceful nature of Italy and exquisite antique interior with sophisticated details – what can be better for a rest? Or calm life in the country? 
With a lovely Sangiovese.


via DigsDigs

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 PM

    I love the mix of the stone walls along with the drywall and the outside is to die for. I want to know how much it costs so I can buy it after I win the Super Lotto.

    Translation: It ain't happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. This. Place! Oh, so very much, I'd move in faster than a heartbeat. I'm a total barbarian and could care less if a drop of wine never crossed my lips again. Cut off my micro brewery beer however, and the fight is on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to live in Italy. Wish I could for even a year. This house and view just makes me want to even more if that's possible.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......