Thursday, July 08, 2010

Linda Lingle Is An Asshat

After weeks of lobbying and political maneuvering, sign waving, flag waving, letters and emails, Hawaii governor, Linda Lingle, vetoed a measure that would have given same-sex and unwed heterosexual couples the same protections under the law as married couples.

Linda Lingle:
"After months of listening to Hawaii's citizens express to me in writing and in person their deeply held beliefs and heartfelt reasons for supporting or opposing the civil-unions bill, I have made the decision to veto the bill. I have been open and consistent to my opposition to same-gender marriage and find that the bill is essentially marriage by another name. My personal opinion is not the basis for my decision ... Neither is my veto based on my religious beliefs ... I am vetoing this bill because I have become convinced that this issue is of such of societal importance that it deserves to be decided by all the people in Hawaii."


Yes, Linda, let's have the majority vote on the rights of the minority. But let's also ask them, if marriage is so sacred, to vote to outlaw divorce.

Of course, Lingle, having been married, and divorced, twice, might not like that idea. I always love the irony of those anti-marriage equality people who trod out the sanctity of marriage bullshit, when they have a couple of marriages under their own belts. I say we work to enact legislation telling the heteros that they are no longer allowed to divorce.

It really will be until death do they part.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you. Let's make divorce illegal as long as we can't get married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get that photo of her in that uniform? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:35 PM

    You dick sucking ass hole leave out Gov out of your suck ass world, it cock sucker like you that should not be talk to anyone take your ass fuck dick and put it in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:02 AM

    Sad to say, you have the wrong idea completely. At least Heterosexuals are following the right standard when it comes to their sexual life style, regardless of how many times they get married and divorced, although I believe they should be a little more careful before they take that major plunge. Sancity of marriage is not about whether people divorce or not, because lets face it, there is not one of us who is perfect so we are going to continue to make mistakes, but it is about the fact that marriage was intended for only one man and one woman and they are physically designed that way for a purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......