Friday, July 09, 2010

I Didn't Say It.....

Deputy President of the Supreme Court, David Hope, on the Supreme Court of Britain ruling that LGBT people living in parts of the world which aren't so open-minded can find refuge in the UK:
“To compel a homosexual person to pretend that his sexuality does not exist or to suppress the behaviour by which it manifests itself is to deny him his fundamental right to be who he is. Homosexuals are as much entitled to freedom of association with others who are of the same sexual orientation as people who are straight.”
Sad to say, there are many LGBT around the world, and in this country, who are need of a safe place to live.

Former child star, Kellie Martin, on Miley Cyrus's future:
“I would tell Miley to go to college....It’s really, really important to get an education because when all of this is gone, then at least you have your education. Then you can do whatever it is you want to do. If tomorrow I decided to stop being an actor I could go do a lot of other things.
Knowing that makes me a whole person and have confidence in who I am as a whole person as opposed to confidence in who I am as just an actor. I’m capable of dealing with life things as opposed to having other people around me deal with all my life things, which I think is really important. She’s actually wildly talented, little Miley Cyrus, and she has a sweet family. If she went to college, she’d be totally set. She’d be set forever.”
Too late Kellie. Mylie has been a lifelong student in the college of Do-What-I-Can-To-Keep-Myself-In-The-Public-Eye to worry about having an education.

Joan Rivers, on the one scene she asked to have cut from Joan Rivers: A Piece Of Work:
“I gave them carte blanche. There was only one scene in the film that I had them remove and it involved Edgar. Melissa asked that it be taken out. There was a scene where I walk by Edgar’s photograph, and I say ‘Fuck you’ for what he did. Unless you’ve lived through a suicide, you don’t know what it’s like. You never get over being angry with someone who leaves you like that. They were very nice about taking it out.”
Suicide is a very selfish thing to do, and leaves the "survivors" feeling angry at the ones who killed themselves.

Johnny Weir, on his sexuality:
"I've always been comfortable with who I am. When it comes to my sexuality, I just finished the chapter in my book [to be released in January] about my sexuality and my idea of it. I haven't discussed it—not because I'm ashamed of anything you'll read about when my book comes out—I just don't want to put it out there in a way where someone can twist my words. While I don't believe in masculinity and femininity, I don't believe in a purely gay person or a purely straight person. I have a very clear opinion of my own sexuality. I'm not saying anything about my sexuality because I want it to be out there in my own words."
Did everyone get that?
He's not saying anything because he wants to be the one to say it.

Prince, on the Internet:
"You must come and listen to the album. I hope you like it. It's great that it will be free to readers of your newspaper. I really believe in finding new ways to distribute my music. The internet's completely over. I don't see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won't pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can't get it. The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
Yeah, it's over. It was just a fad like cars and flying through the air, or going into space.

Popular Mexican actress Kenia Gascón, coming out in the weekly magazine TV Notas:
"I've spent my entire life pretending, pleasing others out of fear of losing my job or other opportunities. But in the end, you lose your identity, ultimately limiting yourself."
I wonder if we can get Johnny Weir to spend a few minutes with Kenia.
Maybe then he'll understand that, while one's own sexuality is one's own business, it's important to come out, so that you can truly feel free, and trul be yourself.
Welcome, Kenia, your toaster oven and copy of the Gay Agenda, now available in English and Spanish, should be arriving soon!

Fiddy Cent, on Diddy [these are actual names of men and I'm gay?]:
"Puffy is a bitch. He wanted to be the hot bitch in his group… You know how an ugly bitch surrounds herself with pretty girls? Well, he is the pretty bitch with the other girls around him. He will suck the life out of everyone he is around. His music sucks. It's bad. He's not an artist anyway, so it doesn't really matter. When you think about it, is he a rapper? Because he says he doesn't write rhymes, he writes cheques. Nobody's buying ['Last Train to Paris'] he even said it himself that he doesn't expect it to sell."
I hate when divas fight, and this might get uglier thasn the longstanding Mariah-Whitney feud!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get Johnny Weir. I have to use a pen name online because I don't think my family members would take it well. A few of them might be eventually okay with it, but on the other hand there's a few Jesus freaks in the bunch...

    Do I still get a toaster?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......