Monday, July 12, 2010

It Passes In The Blink Of An Eye


It seems like it was only yesterday that I boarded a plane in Reno, Nevada, and flew across the country to meet a man I'd only spoken to online, or the phone, and seen in only a handful of photos or email attachments.
It seemed, to a lot of people, crazy.
It seemed, to me, the right thing to do.
And so I did....fly across the country from Reno to Ft. Lauderdale.
And when I stepped off the plain, there was the most adorable man, wearing a bow-tie and the cutest smile, holding a bunch of roses, for me.
This morning that same adorable man, without the bow-tie, but still wearing the cutest smile, sat across the table from me for breakfast.
Ten years ago....yesterday....I met Carlos face-to-face.
Some said it was crazy.
I said it was crazy perfect.
And it still is......

17 comments:

  1. Now you're making me cry. Congrats on ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)
    That's just all kind of wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww ... Happy Anniversary!

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Congrats on your 10 years. And best wishes to many many more.

    You don't know how meaningful this post is to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 10 years of togetherness. many happy re-runs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:10 PM

    Happy Anniversary to you both!

    10th Wedding Anniversary
    Traditional Gifts: Tin or Aluminum
    Modern Gifts:Diamond Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations fellas! You're both so very fortunate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:08 PM

    Lovely! Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary, you crazy kids. Here's to many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. True love can happen. I have been with my Hubby for 24yrs. I love love him so much I feel my heart my explode. Wishing you all the love and happiness you both deserve. Mike and Glenn, Studio City/Holywood Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary to you and Carlos. And many many more. That is a great story. Very sweet and from the heart.
    All my best....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I have a pic right in front of that very thing...but not with him, of course. Happy 10, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!!

    My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in Key West, too. It seems like it was just recently, but our 17th is just over three months away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does pass in a blink. Happy anniversary Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No wonder you boys are so happy... that is the biggest butt plug I ever saw! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on 10 years, wishing you both many more.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......