Thursday, September 04, 2014

Random Musing: Joan Rivers Has Died

"It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers. She passed peacefully at 1:17 p.m. surrounded by family and close friends. My son and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff of Mount Sinai Hospital for the amazing care they provided for my mother. [My] son, Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support and prayers we have received from around the world. They have been heard and appreciated. My mother’s greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon."--Melissa Rivers.
loved Joan Rivers. I love snark and sarcasm and I love shocking people into fits of laughter like she used to do to me every single time I watched her. I'm going to miss the laughter, most all, but from now on, every time i do, I'll think of her.
Thanks Joan, for making me laugh, at the world, at you, at myself, for all these years. You will be missed.

7 comments:

  1. You and I are cut from the same mold... your words hold true to me as well... an amazing tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heaven is going to be a much livelier place with Joan and Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know she was old but damn, this was such a shocker. I don't ever remember her being sick! She had all those plastic surgeries and was fine. Ironic that it was throat surgery complications that did her in. It's a reminder of how fragile we all are and how nothing is certain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to be honest, I thought she was always a natural beauty before the plastic surgery, so I think she looked completely ridiculous for getting so much done. But what I did like about her was her humor, sharp tongue and her "calls then as I sees them" attitude, and for that a respect her tremendously and give her an A➕. Good night dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Profound sadness here Bob, profound sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly cried today over this. I grew up watching Joan Rivers and I always loved how she fought for her career for decades, fighting against sexism and ageism with her number one weapon: her caustic, sick humor. She was a hero for me. Thanks, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......