Thursday, June 02, 2011

Old Navy Is So Gay

I like clothes. I like nice clothes. But I'm not really trendy, and i don't like logos on my clothes. i don't shop at A&F, Banana Republic or Old Navy because most of their clothes appear emblazoned with the company logo. Now, my motto, well, one of my motto's, is: If you want me to be a walking billboard for your company, put me on the payroll.

Why should I promote A&F if I don't get a check? Why should I pay them to advertise them? I don't. But then Old Navy went and got all gay on me.

Word has it that Old Navy will be selling a line of Gay Pride T-shirts, with part of the proceeds going to the It Gets Better Project. Now, that's some advertising I can get behind; or into.

The shirts, for men, women, and babies--which will, no doubt, inflame the gay haters--will be available in some stores--hopefully my nearest branch--during Pride month, and 10% of the proceeds will go to Dan Savage's 'It Gets Better' campaign.

And Old Navy is taking steps where few major chain retailers go by selling these Pride shirts, though American Apparel did team up with the Human Rights Campaign to distribute its "Legalize Gay" shirts.

So, if you see me in an Old Navy, don't think I've become a shill for their clothing. I just might be showing off my Pride.

via The Advocate

4 comments:

  1. Moment of loves for Dan Savage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't love that store, but I will totally buy this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to Old Navy for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for them! Makes me feel better about them.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......