Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Ain't One To Gossip, But.....

Uh oh.
Even I know there are certain things you can't get away with, like calling Anna Wintour a bitch, but someone needs to give Lady Gaga that tidbit of info.
Gaga was recently honored at the CFDA Fashion Awards with the coveted...really?... Fashion Icon Award, and told an amusing 'story' of how she received the news.
“When I was told I won this award, [Vogue editor] Anna Wintour sent me a text message. She text messages,” Gaga said during her speech. “So she sent me a text message, and it said, ‘We’re so excited to tell you you won the CFDA Fashion Icon Award. And I actually thought it was Anna Treblin, who was one of my very close friends and [my stylist] Nicola’s assistant.”
Okay, you thought your 'friend' Anna would say something like 'we're so excited to tell you'? Keep going.
“So I have a couple Annas in my phone, so my reply was, ‘Yes, bitch, we did it.’ So quite quickly I got a reply that said, ‘How lovely, and we will all be waiting to see what you will wear.’ And then I thought, ‘Well won’t you be helping me choose what I will wear?’ And then I said, ‘Oh! It’s Anna Wintour,’” she added.
She.Called.Anna.Wintour.A.Bitch.
And lived to tell the tale.


Poor Elisabeth Hasselbeck. I know, I said poor Elisabeth Hasselbeck. I should have said stupid, because, well, what did she expect from the MGB­? Y'all remember when MGB® was runnin' fer vice president and Hasselbeck flew all over the country to kiss her ass, er, introduce at rallies? Hasselbeck was on Team MGB®.
Now, though, not so much. Now it seems that the former BFF's haven't spoken in months and all because of something Lizzie said on 'The View'.
A friend--and by friend I mean Sherri Shepard, who doesn't know when to close her yap--says, "I think Elisabeth is a good friend. She remembers birthdays and even with a busy schedule always takes time to stay in touch with her girlfriends. But S____ has let her down. Elisabeth has reached out to her several times but she never responds."
So why has the MGB® gone all silent treatment on Hasselbeck?
Well, Lizzie recently accused Sarah of "manipulating" the media to draw attention away from the more-serious Mitt Romney, and Hasselbeck actually mocked MGB®'s bus tour as yet another attempt to dominate the headlines, like when MGB® rolled through New Hampshire on the day Mitt announced his run for the White House.
Lizzie ranted, on 'The View,' "If I had termites [her metaphor for the economy] in my house, I'd get someone in there who could deal with it. Mitt Romney, right now, his specialty is the economy. I'd have him in there. Here's why we're not hearing it: because S____ P____'s on a bus, and right now she's manipulating, in terms of media attention."
Lizzie also condemned MGB®'s "crosshairs" imagery on a fundraising website, calling them "despicable" after Gabrielle Giffords, one of her 'targets' in the 2010 campaign, was shot during a voter meet-and-greet.
That insider--Hi Sherri!--says, "Elisabeth feels used by S____. When she needed her, she was all over Elisabeth and now she treats her like a stranger. It's sad."
So, MGB® is a manipulator and a user. We knew that, and now it just proves how stupid Hasslebeck is because she never got it.


Just a couple of weeks back, I talked about Zach Galifianakis going off on 'MadMen' star January Jones when she dissed him at an awards dinner.
I didn't know much about him, but I liked his style.
Now, Zach Galifianakis has words for a few other celebrities.
First off, in a Rolling Stone interview, he gives us his spin on self-proclaimed trashy pop star, Ke$ha: "I saw that Ke$ha woman the other day. She was sitting by herself, and I walked up to her and said, 'Listen, I got your e-mail. Your music is really bad! I don't know who listens to it, but I imagine it's, like, six-year-olds -- and it's a bad message.'"
And then he has a message for the little kids who stop him on the street and say they loved him in 'The Hangover'. He tells them they have awful parents, and "I mean it," he adds.
And he has a Sean Penn story. It seems that when Penn offered Galifianakis a role in 'Into the Wild,' Zach, ever the professional actor, said he couldn't talk because he had an appointment at Arby's and to "send my Jews the script."
So, either he's opinionated, and rather inclined to share his opinions about everyone with everyone, or he's being funny. Either way, he's always interesting.


Divas don't come tinier or more demanding than Prince.
In fact, the artist still known as Prince, does not want his picture taken. By anyone. Y'hear me, David Arquette?
Prince, a notorious control freak when it comes to his image, instructs his team of ushers on his concert tour to vigilantly enforce the no-photo rule, even if people try to snap them on their cell phones. And yet, the Little Diva actually encourages fans at his shows to take out their cell phones and wave them in the air like we did in the olden days, with lighters and such. And then he lets people snap a picture or two.
Crazy say what?
See, at one recent show, Mister Courtney Cox, AKA David Arquette, used his cell phone to take a picture of the wee one, and guards instantly descended on him. Arquette tried to talk his way out of it, and pointed out that other fans were using their cell phones to take pictures, too, because Prince had decreed that it was acceptable.
Prince's Flying Monkeys, er, guards, weren't buting it.
Arquette was given the boot. The size four sequined boot.


New Yorkers aren't easily pissed off. It usually takes a lot to rile 'em up.
But the Black Eyed Peas did it, and did it good.
At a concert in Central Park, the Peons, er, Peas, kept thousands of former fans waiting in the heat for six hours, and then made them wait two extra hours in the rain, and then said they weren't gonna perform and get all wet and stuff.
Brian Moriarty, of Queens, asked: "What, Will.I.Am can't play in the rain? Is Fergie's hair gonna get wet?" 
Yes, and yes, Brian.
The pre-show festivities, featuring Taylor Swift, Carole King and Tony Bennett were set to begin at 5 but were delayed due to bad weather, leaving folks like Moriarty stranded in the sopping wet heat waiting for the gates to open. And open, the gates did, at 7:45, but just as fans found their space on the lawn, the police department announced they were shutting everything down due to lightning.
And the crowd goes wild!
"We won't go," chanted the crowd of some 20,000. And they meant it; police had to close in on the groups who believed that by squatting in the meadow they would be treated to the Peas' musical stylings.
Now, of course, the weather is certainly beyond the control of the Peas, but they've yet to apologize or reschedule the concert. Fergie ALLEGEDLY said she was 'bummed' about the cancellation, but I don't think she was as bummed as 20,000 people leaving the park in the rain, in search of a cab.
Note to the Peas; a little archival search on Diana Ross, performing in the park, in the wind and rain and lightning, back in 1983.
Suh-nap. They don't call her Miss Ross for nuthin'.

6 comments:

  1. That's a whole lotta news you can use. Love the bit about Gaga and the no photos of Prince is crazy... I use to love that guy. I can still probably sing all the lyrics to all the songs on Purple Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Wintour has the bat line to GAGA, where do I sign up?

    I watched Ms. Ross's rain concert on tv one afternoon....she is awesome, the skies were ridiculous but she wasn't phased. EVEN PRINCE performed in the rain for the superbowl, loved his head scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many divas, such a small comment box....

    ReplyDelete
  4. One the one hand I think Prince is a musical genius. On the other I want to beat the shit out of him. He is seriously the most unlikable celebrity in the known universe and possibly beyond. Yet, I can't stop listening to Darling Nikki.
    Get a clue and some more MAC foundation Prince...Your music hasn't been good since 1993. Loser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zack is opinionated, funny and can rock a one piece better than most. Not many people can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:39 AM

    Hate them all- except Prince's music...at least in the 80's. Hell, they all deserve each other.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......