Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Architecture Wednesday

The Fab Lab House by IAAC looks a little like something out of Star Wars, rampaging the deserts of some foreign planet looking for a woman with bagels on each side of her head...but it isn't.




This home is a breakthrough in the integration of solar systems, featuring an organic shape, many hi-tech features and, probably best of all, a very affordable construction cost.
The house is mostly done of wood, plywood and other materials that are available globally, light, and manageable. It not only features a rounded shape that allows for maximum internal volume with minimal exterior surface but is elevated off the ground upon three ‘legs’, in order to create a space under the house for some outdoor activities.

The Solar House can comfortably accommodate a family of 4 and can be built. start to finish, in under fifteen days. It generates three times the energy it consumes and also houses an orchard in order to produce food.
This house works for you.

source

5 comments:

  1. That house looks so cool. I wonder if my 6'1" frame could manage walking around inside it w/o smacking my head on those sloping ceilings?

    BosGuy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting house. I usually like extreme homes but this one may be a little too "out there."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could do this & I wouldn't even have to change my wardrobe....
    It already matches all my kaftans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the belly of the whale, not that that's a bad thing. I love the carpet of leaves. Where does one find such a thing? Not World Market, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just blown away. It is so beautiful I almost want to weep. Industrial, natural, comfortable, modern, and eco-friendly. Work little house, work!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......