Wednesday, April 07, 2010

John McCain: An Asshat For All Seasons


I remember that scene in the movie well.

The scary creature, hidden by cloth and shadow, chased through the streets by a mob of angry citizens with badly spelled signage, until he was cornered and cowering and afraid. He ripped the fabric from around his face and shouted those words I will never soon forget:

I am NOT a Maverick.

Oh, but Grampa, you once sang a different tune.

Sidenote: when will people, and by people, I mean politicians, and by politicians, I mean, asshats and wingnuts, realize that they cannot simply rewrite history because they say so. We have this thing called the Internet now, and Google searches, and YouTube.

Grampa John McCain to Newsweek:
"I never considered myself a maverick. I consider myself a person who serves the people of Arizona to the best of his abilities."

You can lie, Grampa, but you cannot hide!

2 comments:

Say anything, but keep it civil .......