Friday, April 23, 2010

Another Politician Outed


It's getting old, these folks living in the closet and running for office, pretending to be something they're not in order to win an election. And this one especially has me riled up. See, Gregg Kravitz has been outed by his opponent, Babette Josephs, as, I know it hurts, a straight man.

Yes, the thought of those people running for office makes my blood boil, too. I mean, why would someone choose to hide their heterosexuality? It's okay to be straight. Really. Lot's of folks I know are straight. Um, my own parents, for example, are lifelong members of the heterosexual community. It was a cross to bear growing up, but I stood by them, proud of their decision to be openly opposite-sex partners.

But I digress.

Up in Philadelphia last week, Babette Josephs accused her primary opponent, Gregg Kravitz, of pretending to be bisexual in order to pander to LGBT voters, a powerful bloc in the district.

"I outed him as a straight person," Josephs announced at a fund-raiser, leaving some in the audience to gasp or laugh. "[N]ow he goes around telling people, quote, 'I swing both ways.' That's quite a respectful way to talk about sexuality. This guy's a gem."

Kravitz, for his part, tried to "in" himself, by saying that he is sexually attracted to both men and women. "That kind of taunting is going to make it more difficult for closeted members of the LGBT community to be comfortable with themselves. It's damaging."

Wow, who ever thought we'd see such a thing in this day and age. outing heterosexuals. Or, is it called "inning"? No, that's baseball, I think. But still, open heteros running amok in our streets, pretending to be gay? Why not just ban them all together, or give them plaid triangles to wear so we'd know who was straight, and then could know for whom we should be voting.

On a serious note, if Kravitz is actually straight, he is one of the most reprehensible people I've ever heard about. To pretend to be anything to win votes is disgusting. And, if Josephs is saying he's lying about being bisexual when he is, in actuality, a two-way street, then she's just as disgusting. I tell ya........

But, how about this for a thought? People should be themselves and be open about themselves and then we wouldn't have closets for people to come out of or go into as their mood and/or situation changes. How about that?

3 comments:

  1. I definitely get a gay vibe from his photo. Maybe he's really gay and only pretending to be bi in order to woo the ladies. However, do straight women find bisexuality in a man an attractive feature? I wouldn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How odd... the 2 opponents actually look alike.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......