Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Rant: Vote. Vote. Vote.

I’m’a make this quick:

CAST A GODDAMNED VOTE.

Oh, I don’t mean just on November 3rd, for those of you who haven’t voted yet. I mean in every single election you are allowed to participate in…

CASTA  GODAMNED VOTE.

Your local city council member, who shares the same views you do for your city, could one day be running for Senate in your state, for your state; or governor.

Vote.

School board? Vote! Dog catcher? Vote. County courts? Vote. If you vote in these smaller elections, these more local elections, you are paving the way for these down ballot candidates to move up, to represent you in your statehouse, in the nation’s capital.

CAST A GODDAMNED VOTE.

Every single vote, in every single election, maters. We are living in a  time when one party has shoved aside any shred of decency or fairness and will do anything and everything to promote their agenda, even when it goes against he will of the people.

The people of the country, the majority of people, did not want a SCOTUS confirmation hearing; they wanted some kind of stimulus to help them get through he pandemic. We voiced our opinions and the GOP ignored us; the majority of people in this country want healthcare, but the GOP and this current miserable excuse for a president, shoved though a SCOYUS nominee they believe will erase your healthcare options, with no new plan in sight.

The GOP is doing what the GOP wants and not what the people want. In order to change this, you need to stand up, speak up, and be counted.

CAST. A. GODDAMNED,. VOTE.

Every time you’re asked.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk … carry on.

13 comments:

  1. So well said, and so true. Even the lowest position can be a stepping stone for the Deplorables to take over at the highest level. Saw that in Florida way too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely right, and this time more than ever before in history as _____ and supporters play any trick they can think of to negate votes which in any other election in ANY democratic country, would be considered valid. My alarm, dismay and disgust at what's happening have never been so great.

    Since I was able to vote in 1966, apart from the 3 years I lived in Germany [and even then I tried], I have voted at every single election no matter for what - general elections, local elections, European Union elections, even Police Commissioner elections. I think Australia has the right idea - compulsory voting with the option of voting for 'none of the above'. As for America now, anyone with an iota of common sense can see that what is happening is no less than a gross betrayal of the political ideals which have evolved for well over two centuries and continue to evolve. Alas, that 'iota of common sense' is too high a call to prevent so many people being able to trash it. 'Sad' is vastly understating it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad said if you don't vote you can't bitch. (Those may not be his exact words, but that was the gist of it) In the nearly 40 years I've been able to vote, I think I've maybe missed three. Voting is important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadie...i tell that to me friend all the time!!!!! If you don't vote...then you get no say.

      Delete
  4. My ex would be proud of you. Your local and state elections are far more important and effect your directly more so the national races. And the local state shape the bigger picture.

    Many don't seem to get this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People died to give us the vote so I feel I am beholden to use my vote, because one day if people don't vote that right could be taken away

    ReplyDelete
  6. @krayolakris
    We need to learn that every vote at every level counts.

    @AM
    Fuck yeah is right!

    @TDM
    Pas sit on!

    @Raybeard
    I'm like you; I have voted in every single election since I first registered to vote. It matters.

    @Sadie
    My sister was a non-voter and whenever she'd complain, I would tell her she forfeited that right. And she finally started to vote.

    @MM
    If I'm allowed to cast a vote, city, county, state, national, I get in line. We all should; make a difference from the bottom up.

    @Helen
    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo. I like a good rant. You give good rant. Keep this as a feature. I want you to spout off about other things... passionate men are sexy men.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think these rants are necessary. We all can convince at least three or four people to vote. Cheeto has got to GO..

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Mitchell
    I like the idea ...

    @uptonking
    I do love a good rant. And Carlos loves to hear them!!

    @Six
    In the words of my favorite president: "Yes, we can."
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......