Friday, May 25, 2012

I Didn't Say It....

Beau Biden, Delaware Attorney General and, well, hottie, on his father, Joe Biden's, support of marriage equality:
"My dad spoke from the heart. I'm incredibly proud of what he said. I'm even more proud of what the president said as it relates to making sure that this is a fundamental civil rights issue. It's a civil rights issue. It's something that people in my state, in Delaware, and everywhere I go are incredibly proud of the stance that the president has taken on a matter of equality. At a moment we're sending people to defend our nation – whether they be gay or straight – to not allow them to have the same rights that we all have on the home front just doesn't make sense."

Word.

Bill Donohue, Catholic League spokesdouche, on the legal wedding between NYC mayoral Candidate, Christine Quinn, and her partner, Tina Caputo:
"The people who go know they are not witnessing a wedding. I will be at a bar [on Saturday] watching the Preakness. The horses are a lot more fun - and it's real."

Um, Bill, you delusional dumbfuck.
It is a real wedding. Same-sex marriage is legal in New York. So, go, drown your sorrows in alcohol you pitiful loser.

Matthew McConaughey, on what he might do if one of his children was gay: "There’s nothing in me that can understand disowning your child because they’re gay. You deal with it, you support them, and you also help prepare them for how some people in the world will treat and think of them."

I still get an icky vibe from McConaughey, but, hey, he seems to be pretty cool if he had a gay kid, so maybe….maybe…..I’ll remove a couple of Ick Points.

Audra McDonaldon marriage equality
"I've been a real loud active voice in the movement to get marriage equality. And I had gone up the month before to Albany, when they were days away from that historic vote, to rally and to see who I could talk to, and just be another face out there saying let's do the right thing here....I had read a beautiful story in The New York Times about the couple who were getting married, and that Mayor Bloomberg was going to preside over their wedding at Gracie Mansion. And my friend called me and said, 'They'd love to have you come and sing.' And I was floored. I was so honored. And I cried like a baby at that ceremony. And I brought my daughter. And it was a very moving moment and a very teachable moment having my daughter there. And as far as she was concerned, it was just another wedding. She doesn't really see the issue, which is great. So that's how it came about. It was a beautiful day."

That’s the deal about same-sex marriage.
The younger generation doesn’t see the problem.
Love is love. Two consenting adults want to make a commitment.
What is the big deal?

Ken Bennett, Arizona Secretary of State, on keeping President Obama off his state's November ballot:
"First of all, I’m not playing to the birthers, I’m not a birther. I believe that the president was born in Hawaii, or at least I hope he was. Hawaii has a special provision in their law that allows other government officials from other states to request what’s called a verification in lieu of a certified copy of a birth certificate. So I’m not asking for the certified copy of the birth certificate at all. I was frankly expecting that they would very quickly and very simply say ‘yes.’ Eight weeks later, they haven’t. I can’t seem to get them to say yes."

Ken, you are a birther. This question has been asked and answered almost non-stop since 2008 and yet you GOP douchebagging, wingnutting, asshatting morons keep bringing it up.
Enough already. Arizona has tons more issues to deal with than this nonsense. 

Bill Owens, "Reverend", of the Coalition of African-American Pastors, asking Obama to devolve on same-sex marriage:
"A 50-year-old can only read about the struggles and protests of the civil rights era, but some of us who are older have the battle scars to prove it. And the rights we fought so hard to acquire did not include same-sex marriage. We ask President Obama to stand with the black church, on the Word of God and evolve again back to the common sense biblical view that marriage is the union of husband and wife."

Marriage rights are Civil Rights, “Reverend”, no matter how many times you say they aren’t.
Civil Rights aren’t a black, brown, yellow, white, male, female, gay, straight issue.
They are a human issue.

Alveda King, NOM ally and the niece of Martin Luther King, Jr., on the NAACP's support for marriage equality:
“Neither my great-grandfather, an NAACP founder, my grandfather Dr. Martin Luther King Sr., an NAACP leader, my father Rev. A. D. Williams King, nor my uncle Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. embraced the homosexual agenda that the current NAACP is attempting to label as a civil rights agenda. In the 21st century, the anti-traditional marriage community is in league with the anti-life community, and together with the NAACP and other sympathizers, they are seeking a world where homosexual marriage and abortion will supposedly set the captives free.”

Honey. You need to sit down.
Your Uncle is ashamed of you.

Welton Gaddy, Reverend and President of Interfaith Alliance, on "Pastor" Charles Worley's sermon which suggested gays and lesbians be rounded up, put in electrified pens, and left to die:
"In one fell swoop this angry minister managed to discredit from his pulpit both the Constitution of the United States and the compassion that we find in the bible, and additionally he did a very dangerous thing by planting seeds of hatred in sick minds that in the right circumstances can act on them and do the kind of violence that has no place in our world."

I think his sermon is Hate Speech, and I think if one of his delusional flock acts on his “sermon” then he should be brought up on charges of inciting Hate.

50 Cent, on marriage equality: 
“I think everyone should be happy. I think a fool is going to go against same sex marriage at this point.....Look how long it took [Obama] to say he was for same sex marriages. You understand? I’m up for it. If everyone else is for it, then hey, to each his own. I don’t have personal feelings towards it because I’m not involved in that lifestyle. I want people to be happy. It makes for everything to be better.... {but} we need organisations for straight men. We do. We need organisations for straight men in the case you’ve been on the elevator and somebody decides they want to grab your little buns.”

Really, Fiddy? We need an organization to protect straight men from having their asses grabbed by gay men?
You started off real good there, in your little speech, like it was all equality, and then you turned it into a stereotyping asshatted moronic statement.
I wouldn’t grab your ass if it was the last ass on Earth.
Douche.

Maggie Gallagher, NOM's Hellhound, dismissing polls showing no effect from Obama's marriage equality support...and, in that same article she cites polls that feed her delusions:
"Polls are just static snapshots....Obama, by endorsing gay marriage, has broken through the media silence imposed on those who oppose gay marriage, generating new, unexpected and highly visible expressions of opposition. All of a sudden, pastors across America are preaching against gay marriage. Conservative talk radio shows are addressing it. People are hearing that their friends and neighbors disapprove. A new dynamic is in play, set in motion by Obama's misjudgment: He believed the pundits and chose the money over the voters. That's almost always a bad bet for a president. In November, unless he evolves again, he will find out just how bad a bet that was."

Maggie. Maggie. Maggie.
You delusional hypocrite.
Your fat behind is on the wrong side of history and I cannot wait until Marriage Equality is the law of the land so I can watch your fat, cheese-filled head explode.



Colin Powell, General and former Secretary of State, on marriage equality:
"I have no problem with it...As I’ve thought about gay marriage, I know a lot of friends who are individually gay but are in partnerships with loved ones, and they are as stable a family as my family is, and they raise children. And so I don’t see any reason not to say that they should be able to get married."


It looks like everyone is evolving.
Evolution is good.

2 comments:

  1. Matthew McConaughy would take blow job from a dude. He's a "what happens between friends, behind closed doors" kinda dude, I'm willing to bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your commentary, as usual!

    Im sick of hearing the "birthers' whine about Obama not being a US citizen. All it is is racism, dressed up in a fake concern about the legality of his citizenship. Stupid slags, dont they know that any child born off our soil to at least one US citizen, makes that child a citizen? Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, you would think at some point the GOP would get tired of so much hate.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......